June 2014 Moms

AW & Random Thoughts - 1/12

We could use a new one of these, right?

Share & AW away!

image        image

Re: AW & Random Thoughts - 1/12

• Aw, that is so great @lest12! My H is home with LO during the day too, but I know what you mean about them bonding - I love that they are able to have that alone time together. We start our swim lessons this weekend - can't wait!

I had something that I wanted to say, but now I can't remember - I feel like my brain has only been working around 25% lately...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @katekat8721 - what the hell? why would someone ever do that??

I don't know if this was what I was thinking of, but this weekend E wore a sweater that my nana had made before she passed away. She died almost four years ago, but Thanksgiving morning of 2013 my grandfather found a blue baby sweater in their apartment that she had knitted. No one in the family knew she had knitted the sweater and there have been no babies in the family since my cousin was born 20 years ago. The day he found that sweater also happened to be the day that DH and I announced our pregnancy to our family. He told about the sweater after - it was such a weird coincidence but I like to think she knows about Everett and is watching over him - she would have loved him so much. It was so special to have him wear something that she made, even though he was never able to meet her. It definitely made me feel like she was there with us in some way :)

That is so so sweet. How special.

• Thanks all xo. She's going through IVF herself and is really really REALLY open about it, so apparently she didn't think anything of it to share the info. Lame!

@frenchchocolate611‌ that is so sweet!

• CharSamm said:
    @frenchchocolate611 that is such a great story for her cute sweater. Definitely one to keep :)

Random: every time I give LO a bite of food she opens her mouth real wide then suctions her mouth right onto the spoon. I keep finding myself suddenly biting down on an imaginary spoon with every bite she takes. Glad no one is here to watch me.
    I catch myself doing this all the time!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My fur mom guilt is lessening! My dog has really bad allergies and was just hacking away at his ears. I have this anti itch spray but haven't been great about spraying him as much as he needs. We made a vet appointment and got him an antibiotic for his ear infection, a steroid shot to heal his scratches, prescription dog food in case he has a food allergy, drops that we put in twice a day, and ear cleaning stuff we use every other day. We also got him bathed and his nails trimmed. 

The things left I need to do to get rid of my fur mom guilt are: Feed him less because he's gotten overweight, longer walk in the morning so I get a poo out of him every morning, give him his supplement twice a day. 

I don't think I'll ever get it together. 
  • @babygabe614‌ my daughter name is also Stella
  • texasmama2014texasmama2014 member
    edited January 2015
    Worst couple of days. I left work early to take a nap yesterday because I was feeling like crap.  Nausea and some other issues that are not fun.  While I'm home I get alerts on my phone that a shooting had occurred near campus (AKA by my apartment. Turns out about 1.5 blocks away).  A guy busted into an apartment to rob some college kids, and they were packing heat and shot him dead (Texas...)  So my phone blew up for over an hour, awesome nap. 

LO was super clingy all night, on the boob about every hour or so.  DH had work to do, so I was doing all the baby stuff, so nothing got done for today.  LO was then up every 2 hours.  DH was in a foul mood this morning (not sure why, he's perfectly healthy and got a full night of sleep.)  Just. ugh.

Vent over. Thanks for reading. :)

You're all pretty super-moms.

ETA: thought this was working mom thread. Yeah. That's how my day is going.
  • Yay @jmar2011!! FX everything continues to progress well for your LO. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jmar2011 What great news! I'm so happy for you and sweet P!  Praying that things go the way they hope and he can avoid surgery until his teens! :)
  • @jmar2011‌ awesome news!

My boss just told me not to judge him for online shopping at work lol, now I wonder why I disliked him so much when I was pregnant!
  • Are you kidding?

image        image

• Nooo. 

I don't really know WTF is going with Parenting. They were THE SALTIEST HOS I've ever seen. I hope they can make a new group and have it work out, but in my experience, new groups tend to go off an die a sad slow death :( 

If their IPs got banned, can't they use use a proxy server and make a new account? 

• I am going through BE's post history to try to see what she did and can't find anything.

image        image

• @jmar2011‌ that's is so great! I can't imagine what a huge relief that is!

I have been lurking on the April bmb and following there daily challenge. It's been great, me and my ds1 do it in the morning together before he leaves for school.

I'm ashamed to say that the tricep dips have been embarrassingly hard.
  • Is it possible to edit on mobile?
  • @nnh7 - I didn't get it. This place is so screwy. I can't seem to send them, either. Thanks @saltylovely‌. I'm sorry I did that without saying anything. I heart so many of you. I'll own it, but I feel like crap.

image        image

• Just wanted to throw in another we miss you @lest12‌
  • Spreading the @lest12 love :x

• And fwiw @lest12, you are already greatly missed

• @lest I def missed what happened but hugs
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• @lest12‌ - totally missing you.
  • You guys... I'm totally mortified by how I acted and don't even know how to apologize. I was so mad and reacted so poorly. The whole thing was shitty but i wish I had handled it better. I'm sorry :(

image        image

• BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • I haven't been on TB lately because I'm super pissed about all this ridiculous banning nonsense but just wanted to say Hiiiiii! @lest12 :x  And totally second everything @ugabamafans said because she's wise and has amazing GIFs.  We heart you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"