Blended Families

How involved are you with Baby Mama?

christieb27christieb27 member
edited January 2015 in Blended Families

Warning- my thoughts are scrambled so this may be confusing- I apologize.

I am very lucky to have the relationship I do with my step son's mom. We have no problems with communicating, we actually do most of the actual talking back and forth. I am just very careful to make sure that my husband is on the same page as me before I make arrangements with her. My husband actually prefers it this way he often struggles with the right words, and they end up fighting even though they are in agreement. (They do talk directly to each other as well)

My concern is that she has been going through a really hard time lately with her current relationship (she has a daughter with him). She has started reaching out to me for help, which is a little uncomfortable. Yesterday she started sending me texts about hating her life, how she is a bad mother and gf. She also said that she put too much time and effort into trying to save her relationship that her she burned bridges with all of her friends and now she has no one.

Yesterday we had the b-day party for SS, I had a couple of friends with kids come that we do play dates with. She brought up the fact that none of her friends came. So my question is do I try to involve her with our play dates? I can't decided if I am opening myself up to future problems or doing the right thing by being there for her. My husband is almost too trusting with me to make the right choices so he hasn't been much help. His only concern is that I don't plan things with her that take up my time with him. (which I wouldn't do- we don't have the same days off so it is easy to schedule something while he works)

My other thoughts have been around trying to find some play groups or something that she could go to and try and make new connections that way...

Re: How involved are you with Baby Mama?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"