September 2015 Moms

Constipation Club

bpv101283bpv101283 member
edited January 2015 in September 2015 Moms
Ok so I haven't REALLY gone # 2 in a week. I'm using probiotic yogurt, benefiber, prunes, drinking tons of water.... And nothing. I've gained 5-7 lbs of water retention and bloat. Not worried about that, just want to get back on track. Anyone else suffering and no relief from traditional methods? Any advice??

Edited to add I don't even feel the need to go, no cramps, no pain...

Re: Constipation Club

• ^wss. it was sooooo bad. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I eat old fashioned oats oatmeal with milk and peanut butter every morning. It's not a miracle drug but man, when it works...it takes everything along with it!

This is assuming you can even eat. I'm not eating anything these days :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Oatmeal with raisins has helped so has warm prune juice. Aloe vera juice is also consistent for keeping me regular. It soothes the digestive tract.
  • Drinking a latte always worked well for me as well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Constipation is how I know I'm pregnant. My Dr has to prescribe me something. OTC laxatives stop working the minute I get pregnant.
  • Constipation is how I know I'm pregnant. My Dr has to prescribe me something. OTC laxatives stop working the minute I get pregnant.
    I don't remember this symptom at all with my first but this time I had constipation the first week! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Ugh!! It's even worse since DD#2. I dread pooping, especially now that the constipation has kicked in. Ick!
    BabyFruit Ticker

DD1: born 8/3/2010               DD2: born 12/25/2013
  • You aren't alone. Totally got an email yesterday about constipation in pregnancy, swiped and erased it thinking... Haha not me!....and now today no matter how hard I've tried ,NOPE!
  • I had a caffeinated coffee yesterday for the first time since finding out I was pregnant, and that cleaned me out good.
  • Thanks for the replies! I have some new ideas to try this week. My first appointment is Thursday so maybe the Dr can prescribe me something. Ughhhhh.
  • It isn't  a symptom I am having right now, I have had PLENTY of experience with constipation.  6 surgeries later, I can attest to miralax!  It has no cramping and no gross taste.  If you want it to really kick in, mix it into something warm.  It draws water into the colon and works like a charm

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had it pretty bad last week, and now I'm taking fiber gummies at night and they seem to be helping a little. But it's not the same...they're not satisfying poops at all and I have to park it on the toilet for like 15 minutes before I get anything. I've tried a cup of coffee, oatmeal, greens. It's just not working the same as usual haha I am bloated and gassy and have gained several pounds as well. In fact, the gas pains are the worst! Sharp and unrelenting. If things don't get better I'll try the miralax.
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"