February 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone reading anything good?

Just curious. I always like to see what F14 is reading!
F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Anyone reading anything good?

• Options
    I'm currently reading Ticker. It's a steampunk thriller. It's pretty good...a little overly "hey, look, I'm STEAMPUNK!" but not bad. It was one of my free books from Amazon Prime, so I can't complain. ;)
  • Options
    Shell, do you read Emily Giffin's books? I just finished her latest and have a question that's been driving me crazy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    iwubrory said:

Shell, do you read Emily Giffin's books? I just finished her latest and have a question that's been driving me crazy.

Yes. Are we talking the football one?
  • Options
    I've finished two books this week, thanks to there being nothing on tv. The new John Grisham book is really quite good. The ending makes me wonder if there could be a sequel. I kind of hope so.

I have the new Jodi Picoult open on my lap right now. I've read 4 pages.
  • Options
    iwubroryiwubrory member
    edited January 2015

iwubrory said:

Yes. Are we talking the football one?
    Yes, I finally got around to reading it. I think all of her other books have an appearance from a character from previous books. I didn't notice anyone showing up in this book. Did I miss it or did it not happen?

@golfergirl08‌ The One & Only, it's not exactly new I think it came out last May but these dang children don't like me to read books of my own.

ETA @Madisonpenny You might be able to answer my question if you've read her other books.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    versedversed member
    edited January 2015
    @shellbell3845‌ - just "read" the new Jodi Picoult, too (I audiobook). Loved it! Loved learning so much about elephants while getting into the story, too! DS1 got a new stuffed elephant we named after one of the book's elephants :)

I just finished "Sisterland" last night by Curtis Sittenfeld. Really liked it, especially since main character is raising a baby and 2.5-yr-old, so I really related. Also appreciated that the book didn't glamorize infant sleep or nursing. ETA: storyline is twins grew up with psychic powers. One is trying to avoid being psychic, but one is living off it. One sister makes a major prediction, and story follows the prediction and days leading up to see if it happens.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CiaoMama said:
    I'm on book 5 of the Blackdagger Brotherhood Series. Vampire Smut, but it's good.
    @CiaoMama I just started that series! Glad to hear it's good!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @versed‌ id like to read that Curtis Sittenfeld book! I've enjoyed others by this author, especially American Wife.
  • Options
    @Bookshelves‌ The Pact is an older book. I read it quite awhile ago and don't remember my opinion on it.
  • Options
    I'm reading Captivated By You (the 4th Crossfire series book) by Sylvia Day. its smut. but i love it so so much. 

but now i have all these new books to start reading! thanks ladies! i have a few that I'm going to buy this week and get started. 

• Options
    The "sisterland" book had a couple smutty sex scenes in it, and of course the first one played (audiobook) when DH and the boys were in the car listening with me. Little embarrassing.
  • Options
    I'm still chugging along with the extended version of The Stand by Stephen King. I think it has a little over 1500 pages and I'm just over half way through it. 

I like it a lot but feel like I've been reading it and will be reading it forever! 
  • Options
    I'm late to the party. I just started Gone Girl.
  • Options
    Just finished Mitch Albums "The Five People You Meet in Heaven." It was a quick read and I really really loved it, I plan on reading his other books soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've finished two books this week, thanks to there being nothing on tv. The new John Grisham book is really quite good. The ending makes me wonder if there could be a sequel. I kind of hope so. I have the new Jodi Picoult open on my lap right now. I've read 4 pages.
    I just finished this!!!! I love love loved it. 

• Options
    @psk‌ - I just downloaded Eleanor & Park to listen to on Audiobook. It does sound good!

(plus, I really like the voice actress For the book - I've heard two of her other books, and her voice is so easy to listen to!)
  • Options
    @carissalynp‌ it was really good. Way better than Sycamore Row. Way better than some of his other recent books. It's about an NYC lawyer who gets furloughed and ends up at a legal aid in Appalachia. Her partners are fighting big coal companies.
  • Options
    @psk‌ - audiobook is about 9 hrs. I get a couple hours done in the car each day, so I'll get through it in 4/5 days.

Love audiobooks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"