Health & Exercise
Options

Safe workouts while pregnant?

Hello! I just found out that I am pregnant (yay!). I've been doing Insanity Max:30 for about two weeks and love it, but I am now concerned that it is too intense for the baby. I will be talking to my doctor this week about it but I was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation and what workouts you are now doing in place of the intense Insanity.

Ideally, I'd like to continue to do the workout but use the modifier until I find something else that is also a good workout.

Re: Safe workouts while pregnant?

• Options
    @judyblume14 is right -- anything you were doing before you can still do but your body should be accustom to it.  I had been crossfitting for about 2.5 years when I found out I was pregnant.  I am still crossfitting at almost 27 weeks and plan to continue until he comes.  Obviously as I get bigger I will have to modify and such.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Jan Siggy Challenge: April 2015

image  image

Started dating: 7/4/00
    Married: 6/9/07
    TTC #1: 7/14
    BFP: 8/9/14

• Options
    The only things my dr told me to avoid were things like scuba, horseback riding and skydiving :). I did BodyPump and spin until the end of my pregnancy and had no issues. I just modified anything on my back at the end and wore a heart rate monitor to stay within a safe range during spin.

Every Dr might have more or less conservative views. When I got the BFP, the first dr said not to lift anything over something like 20lbs which was ridiculous for me. I had to move to another dr in the practice and she never had any restrictions.

It's all common sense unless you have something specific going on that would require you to be super conservative.

I would definitely wear a heart rate monitor for insanity and discuss with your dr.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should definitely consult your doctor for the exercise.Also ask him about getting prenatal massage. It will surely benefit you. I had it from Belle Vie Day Spa during my pregnancy.
  • Options
    I'd ask your doctor, but I think you should be fine.
  • Options
    You're fine to do anything your body was already acclimated to! I ran until 30 weeks and taught cycle, kettlebells and barre until 41 weeks. Keep it up mama!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"