September 2012 Moms
Options

Stopping by to say hi!

edited January 2015 in September 2012 Moms
Hey all you beautiful ladies! I haven't posted here for over a year. It's nice to see everyone's new babies, and their September toddlers. I'm now very active on the June 2015 board. I was very surprised to find out we're expecting twins! Anyone have any advice on how to make the change easiest for our DS? You guys were always super supportive, so I thought I'd ask for advice here!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stopping by to say hi!

• Options
    Hey all you beautiful ladies! I haven't posted here for over a year. It's nice to see everyone's new babies, and their September toddlers. I'm now very active on the June 2015 board. I was very surprised to find out we're expecting twins! Anyone have any advice on how to make the change easiest for our DS? You guys were always super supportive, so I thought I'd ask for advice here!
    Hi and Congrats!!  I don't have much advice other than maybe to try to keep his routine up as much as possilbe (daycare or whathave you) so that his routine isn't too interrupted by them.  Maybe check the multiples board too?  H&H 9 months!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Whoa, twins! Congrats! I like MommaP's advice about keeping things as routine as possible for your DS.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi, congrats! Does your S12 go to daycare/preschool now? I kept my oldest in daycare for my entire ML and it was really great for all of us. He got to stay in his routine and didn't have as much time home with just me and the new baby to get jealous of splitting my time.

If you already SAH, put together some special boxes to bring out when you need to keep him occupied to you can attend to the babies. The Priddy tracing books are what I bring out, always good for keeping them focused on something by themselves.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    He is in daycare right now. However, the cost of 3 in daycare would be my entire paycheck. So we were thinking I would drop down to part time after the twins were born. I'll work while my husband is home with the kids. That's why I'm afraid of throwing him off too much. I knew it would be a little challenge with one baby, but twins will take up double the time. I plan to breastfeed as well, so that will take up lots of my time too. I will spend as much time with him as possible while they chill and sleep. I just don't want him feeling left out, or that we love the babies more than him.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

He is in daycare right now. However, the cost of 3 in daycare would be my entire paycheck. So we were thinking I would drop down to part time after the twins were born. I'll work while my husband is home with the kids. That's why I'm afraid of throwing him off too much. I knew it would be a little challenge with one baby, but twins will take up double the time. I plan to breastfeed as well, so that will take up lots of my time too. I will spend as much time with him as possible while they chill and sleep. I just don't want him feeling left out, or that we love the babies more than him.
    Try to involve him as much as possible.  Feeding will be the most time consuming obviously, so try to have him bring toys over by you while you're feeding the babies.  Then you can interact with him a bit while feeding the babies.  

Another thing our pastor actually suggested when we had #2 was that when there are times that you're playing with your big kid if one or both the babies start fussing in that way that you know you either have a minute before you really need to react, or where they really don't need your attention right that second, to look at the babies and say "I'm playing with Kollin right now, I will be there in one minute"  It's a way to let the older child know that they're important too, but in a way that doesn't affect the babies at all.

Also, when you're ready to venture out, see if there are any kids play places nearby.  We had an indoor play place near us that was relatively small, so DS1 could run around and play, and I could sit on a couch nearby watching him, while feeding/attending to the baby.  He couldn't leave without me and since it was all pretty safe I could watch without having to hover.  And since he has endless amounts of energy, it was a good change-up from home.

That said - I've never had twins, so I'm not sure how much harder some of that stuff would be.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Oh my goodness! Twins! Congrats!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"