July 2014 Moms

Baby Food

i just started DD on purées last week and I am introducing new food every 2-3 days. What do you do when your baby doesn't really like a food? For example, DD will eat green beans, but she makes a face like she is going to gag the whole time. It's quite hilarious, but she hasn't done that with any other foods. So I know she doesn't like them, but she eats them. Should I keep feeding them to her or not feed her them anymore?

Re: Baby Food

• I can tell DD wasn't as chipper about the sweet potatoes I introduced yesterday as she was the apples she got last week. Lol.

• My second hated green beans. So I just avoided them for a while so he would forget he ever thought he didn't like them. I just felt it wasn't worth fighting. The second time around he was fine with the beans.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD didn't love avocados. Which I was sad about because I LOVE avocados. They are such a good fat and I really wanted her to like it, so I mixed it with banana and pear and I swear she literally went "Mmmm!" It was so cute!!
  • darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited January 2015
    JUST DELETE MY CONTENT
  • DD didn't care for green beans either. Now I just mix them with another cube of food. sometimes the green beans is the dominant veggie in the bowl. 
    I would keep trying.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Spinach was a huge miss tonight. Going to give it another go tomorrow but def dumped most of the container down the sink. The only thing she's really been excited about was bananas. Avacados? Nope. No peas or carrots either :-(
  • @iheartmyshiba‌, Lennon hasn't really been into anything either. I tried bananas, avocados, carrots and sweet potatoes. I decided to hold off for a couple weeks and see if that helps.
  • My LO does not like to eat straight fruit. She loves all veggies though, so I usually just mix them together or in with her cereal or oatmeal.
  • @Mamanorris81‌ so glad we aren't alone! I was beginning to think she might only eat bananas for the rest of her baby days :-) I have some apples so I might give that a go next...
  • Skeemer said:

I can tell DD wasn't as chipper about the sweet potatoes I introduced yesterday as she was the apples she got last week. Lol.

Exact opposite! My LO crys when there are no more sweet potatoes. However when she gets fed applesauce she crys after every bite. It's like she's hoping the next bite will be sweet potatoes (not gross like that last bite of applesauce) and she wants to express to me her disappointment. Poor kid has got a lot more food to try besides sweet potatoes! Lol
  • We mixed the things our LO doesn't like with stuff LO does like and it helps a lot. I am excited for the 6 month mark and new foods to try. I made carrots, peas, cauliflower, and more sweet potatoes tonight. I really love this stage so fun. We have yogurt in the fridge to try as well as chicken to be made still. it will be a fun month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"