September 2012 Moms
Options

Throwdown Thursday

Re: Throwdown Thursday

• Options
    One question and then I have to grade, but I'll be back later: Aria was doing pretty well with PT at home. She still doesn't communicate well, but DH and I do pretty well with her and we were down to 1 or no accidents a day. She won't talk at all at daycare (and hasn't ever), and then they put her in a new classroom on Tuesday. It was only her 2nd day wearing unders to school. She definitely won't talk to her new teachers so now she's having several accidents a day. I don't know what to do and I hate for her to get frustrated.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    @MrsKipper i wouldn't worry too much about the TV thing now when its cold out.  I know we are guilty of watching too much TV now as we hibernate in the winter.  as long as it's broken up I saw its a win and get outside when you can when its warmer.  just think of all the time you can spend soaking up the sun in the summer.

I write that as it 10 here today :(  Yay winter haha
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsKipper said:
    Today was supposed to be the first full day that I was going to do less TV and more play and crafts. Yea...that lasted about an hour. So far we've watched one Dora, one Bubble Guppies and a 1/3 of Frozen. Not all at once, but still. I really need to do less TV but I also just need her to be chill sometimes, too. I think if I can get it down to one show a day by February, I'll be doing good. Realistically, though, winter is the worst time to do this since we can't go outside as much.
    Do you have music channels? I am so used to just having the tv on in the background when I'm home so I switched to putting music channels on when the kids are playing and I'm doing things around the house (or playing with them). 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    27boo said:
    One question and then I have to grade, but I'll be back later: Aria was doing pretty well with PT at home. She still doesn't communicate well, but DH and I do pretty well with her and we were down to 1 or no accidents a day. She won't talk at all at daycare (and hasn't ever), and then they put her in a new classroom on Tuesday. It was only her 2nd day wearing unders to school. She definitely won't talk to her new teachers so now she's having several accidents a day. I don't know what to do and I hate for her to get frustrated.
    Maya was delayed in speech and started PTing before she had many words.  We taught her the sign language for "potty" and it worked pretty well.
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2015
    Here are pictures of the blinds in the baby's room.  What kind of curtain rod can go over these suckers? 

Also, any cute little curtains?  I have lace bloomer curtains in W's room, but would like 2 short panels per window for this room so I can slide them open and closed.  I like white, but am open.
    I was trying to picture what you were talking about since all of ours are inside the window. You can always make your own with piping so it can stick out further. This looks a little hard for the soft nursery you have planned but you can paint it a soft peach to lighten the feel.
    These DIY industrial style curtain rods are a cinch to make, and way cheaper (like $80 cheaper!) than the West Elm version. Get the tutorial at www.makinglemonadeblog.com! #DIY #windowtreatments #industrialstyle

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Here are pictures of the blinds in the baby's room.  What kind of curtain rod can go over these suckers? 

Also, any cute little curtains?  I have lace bloomer curtains in W's room, but would like 2 short panels per window for this room so I can slide them open and closed.  I like white, but am open.
    Another thought, I would be tempted to just put a cornice board over it and nailing/tacking/stapling the curtain to the board and putting a pull on the side of  the window to drap when you want it open. 
    after-before-window-valance-box going to try this for my bed room

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    What is the standard curtain length for a typical short window like that?  50"?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    How stressed do you have to be to sniff oil in front of people?  Good grief.

@mrskipper We watch too much tv.  I was also going to correct it, but I give up for now.  She DESTROYS the house in 15 minutes, or she can watch an episode of Doc and nothing implodes.  It's so tempting.
    My boss does this too. She has a little clear plastic container that has a little sack of EO's and herbs...she brings it to meetings. She's a littel off though.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    I love this wooden scalloped cornice. Drop it from the ceiling and make it bigger than the window if you have the space to make it more of a statement piece.

Benjamin Moore Gray Owl (half tint) - I like it with white for a clean, neutral look.
    LOVE it. I'm looking for something interesting to do above our dining room window...might have to steal.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    FlamingemuFlamingemu member
    edited January 2015

A) Hang them on the inside of the window. B ) Try these from BBB
     image of Umbra® Solutions Window Extension Brackets

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    @tyrannasaurusjess Awesome!   Also, apparently there is something called a curtain rod extender, and they are on sale at JCP.

@hmp1 that looks really freaking cute, but it looks like work to me and I bet I would never do it.

I found some curtains I like, but at $24/window how do you not just go with these from Target?

https://scene7.targetimg1.com/is/image/Target/14293844?wid=410&hei=410

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited January 2015
    Oh boy. I thought I mentioned that at some point? Yeah he had me served divorce papers at work ( which was bad enough) but I made the mistake of reading them at work and had a mini meltdown in the bathroom. He is filing for full custody and he wants the house as well. He has no shot in hell, especially considering he was arrested the next day and hasn't spent more than a few hours with the boys since he left. Yes, HE LEFT. He abandoned the house, but wants me to sign it over to him. I Haven't made the payments in a few months and I know I'm going to lose it anyway, so I'm not sure how that will work out. His mom fired me a week after I started my new job (my plan was to work for her nights and weekends) so that royally messed up my budget. To say I'm stressed is an understatement but I'm so thankful for all the support here, even when I can't be on as much as I want to!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @hmp have you made a decision on James room yet?? This project has been in the works forever! I'm curious what your plans are?
    Speaking of projects, @melsax what are you up to girl?! I'm loving what I have seen so far for the boys room!!

• Options
    On top of the -30 windchills today, it's now snowing.  It will only be about 3 inches or so, but it's going to be falling & blowing while everyone is trying to drive home today.

And of course, DH is out of town, so I have to do dual pick-up, take the dogs out in this weather and try to get dinner/bedtime all done at a reasonable time by myself.  I am not looking forward to tonight.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    So last night I couldn't sleep and felt slightly nauseous and sweaty.  After a couple hours of misery, I had to run to the bathroom and I thought I was going to die.  I was having contractions while I was on the toilet.  Then I felt like I was going to puke. 

I walked around the room for 30-40 minutes crying and I couldn't tell if the contractions were causing the nausea or the nausea was causing the contractions.  They were the most painful BH contractions I've had, but not anywhere near the real deal.  So I just kept walking and crying and timing the contractions, and then they went away with the nausea and I went to bed.  I think I ate some bad chicken.  Can stomach distress cause contractions?

• Options
    So last night I couldn't sleep and felt slightly nauseous and sweaty.  After a couple hours of misery, I had to run to the bathroom and I thought I was going to die.  I was having contractions while I was on the toilet.  Then I felt like I was going to puke. 

I walked around the room for 30-40 minutes crying and I couldn't tell if the contractions were causing the nausea or the nausea was causing the contractions.  They were the most painful BH contractions I've had, but not anywhere near the real deal.  So I just kept walking and crying and timing the contractions, and then they went away with the nausea and I went to bed.  I think I ate some bad chicken.  Can stomach distress cause contractions?

Yes! That's why people drink castor oil to go into labor, it gives you crazy diarrhea and that causes contractions! Hope you are ok!

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    On top of the -30 windchills today, it's now snowing.  It will only be about 3 inches or so, but it's going to be falling & blowing while everyone is trying to drive home today.

And of course, DH is out of town, so I have to do dual pick-up, take the dogs out in this weather and try to get dinner/bedtime all done at a reasonable time by myself.  I am not looking forward to tonight.  

it will be hard but you can do it! Can you do the dog walk before you get the boys? Or run them around the back yard when the boys go to bed?

• Options
    @hmp1 can you just come decorate my house? 

Sorry about all the sick kiddos! 

DH wants to buy the paint for the nursery this weekend! Ah! 1 navy wall with wood boards for stripes and 3 tan walls. White furniture I think. I'd like flannel/plaid for crib bedding/pillows/changing pad cover.I'll also need some sort of run in the room since it's bamboo laminate.

I also have Jed's entire wardrobe done up to 24mo with the exception of special occasions and a few things here and there! Most of it hand me downs which is great! 

I missed that he has a name?! That's great!

• Options
    tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited January 2015
    @holly1007 I missed that he filed for full custody and the house - holy shit.  :(

Also re: castor oil, duh, I guess that makes sense.  I figured stomach distress was the cause of the contractions because I had some major stomach issues a few weeks back and thought I was going into labor. 

p.s. if you care to share, i'm rally rally curious about what he got arrested for.  I'm thinking public intox or DUI?

pps I see you asked what my names are :)  They are Frances.Marilyn nn Frankie or Florence.Marilyn nn Florrie.

• Options
    BobKat22 said:
    I can't even comprehend the cold weather a lot of you are experiencing. It's 14 degrees here and it felt like my bones were breaking from the car to the Dr office. I don't think I could survive anywhere colder.
    Yes.  I feel like I can't complain because so many of you have it worse, but I'm freezing my ass off in our 10 degree weather and it's making me super miserable.  I'm sitting at work wearing two pairs of pants and two shirts with a heater blowing on my face.  I'm a big baby.
  • Options
    @hmp1 can you just come decorate my house? 

Sorry about all the sick kiddos! 

DH wants to buy the paint for the nursery this weekend! Ah! 1 navy wall with wood boards for stripes and 3 tan walls. White furniture I think. I'd like flannel/plaid for crib bedding/pillows/changing pad cover.I'll also need some sort of run in the room since it's bamboo laminate.

I also have Jed's entire wardrobe done up to 24mo with the exception of special occasions and a few things here and there! Most of it hand me downs which is great! 

I missed that he has a name?! That's great!
    I think it's Jedediah. I haven't been able to pull the trigger on saying it's definite. I call him Jed though so probably haha. Why doesn't spell check think Jedediah is a real name? 
  • Options
    I hope all the sick kiddos get well soon! Holly I hope that things get better for you, and that your soon to be ex gets what is coming to him.

We have a terrible case of dry skin going around, DD1s lips look horrible and she keeps sucking them anytime I put stuff on them. DD2 is not growing, the pedi told me today that she wants to send us to an endocrinologist if we don't see a change by our 9 month appointment. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a email code for a b1g1free bundle from honest company. Not sure what I should get....i've never used their diapers before...or any of their products

• Options
    PokedotPokedot member
    edited January 2015

@tinyhumantoe I've only made it as far as your curtain rod post. They make extended curtain rod brackets for that purpose. These aren't cute and probably work for the style but something like this.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rod-Desyne-Satin-Nickel-Single-Rod-Extendable-Wall-Bracket-Set-of-2-1912-015/204660854?ds_e_ad_type=pla&cm_mmc=Shopping%7cBase&gclid=CPz2_IKUhcMCFe47Mgod4lwA_Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Options

• Options
    Hmmmm my etsy seller created a shipping label for my prints last week so it shows it "shipped", but hasn't dropped the thing off to be sent.  That is ridiculous.

• Options
    I think I really want to buy the hemnes in blue...tell me it's easy to match furniture to it? and that it will match a blue/navy type color on the wall

• Options
    Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited January 2015
    @holly1007 I missed that he filed for full custody and the house - holy shit.  :(

Also re: castor oil, duh, I guess that makes sense.  I figured stomach distress was the cause of the contractions because I had some major stomach issues a few weeks back and thought I was going into labor. 

p.s. if you care to share, i'm rally rally curious about what he got arrested for.  I'm thinking public intox or DUI?

pps I see you asked what my names are :)  They are Frances.Marilyn nn Frankie or Florence.Marilyn nn Florrie.

*poof*

• Options
    How stressed do you have to be to sniff oil in front of people?  Good grief.

@mrskipper We watch too much tv.  I was also going to correct it, but I give up for now.  She DESTROYS the house in 15 minutes, or she can watch an episode of Doc and nothing implodes.  It's so tempting.
    And if she's stressed now, second week on the job, imagine how stressed she's going to be in few months. Cue evil laughter ...

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    MrsKipper said:
    I read an article about parenting techniques and how certain things can affect kids in the long run. The one that stuck out most to me was being afraid of your child and just giving in to their crazy demands (when they ask for the blue cup when you've poured milk in the red cup...things like that) so they won't tantrum. I do this so much so I decided to try it today and see how quickly she gets over her tantrums. Y'all, she got over it so quick. I was amazed! I think we've had a breakthrough! She still threw fits when she couldn't have the pink cup (there wasn't even a pink cup clean) or couldn't eat Cheerios for lunch after I had already cooked the chicken nuggets, but after a few minutes and her realizing that I wasn't going to change it, she just went with it. I know this will be a long, ongoing struggle for both of us, but I really feel like if I stop being such a pushover now then life will be just a little bit easier in the future.
    We are going through the same thing. Another trick I learned is when he throws a fit - I tell him to either stop crying and tell me how I can help him, or he can go in his room to cry and we can try again when he has calmed down.
    I still have to use this technique with DS sometimes. Kid is high drama.

• Options
    I have a email code for a b1g1free bundle from honest company. Not sure what I should get....i've never used their diapers before...or any of their products

I really like their body wash. And I've used the diapers too, they were good.

"Sad story" about my order from Honest.  I forgot to change my address with them and the bundle I ordered this month was sent to my old house.  :(
  • Options
    BobKat22 said:
    The surgeon made me get an official ultrasound this morning before agreeing to meet with me this afternoon. I've been super miffed about it. I didn't want to pay for another test when the original test proved exactly what is wrong. Plus, it's one of our surgeons who I'm sure has gone straight into surgery off my word and my co-workers word a million times. I can verbally tell you the results buddy and save myself a good $500. Well, things have changed on ultrasound just since we looked on Friday showing a few more serious signs. Now, I'm glad I did it and I'll keep my catty comments to myself at my appointment. I'm nervous he's going to want to do surgery tomorrow now. Next Thursday is much more convenient for me.
    Ugh, GL @BobKat22

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"