Two Under 2

About my 10 month LO...sleeping/crying.

So yesterday night my LO was sleeping in his crib. For some reason he would sleep for about 20 minutes and then would start moving like if he was getting uncomfortable then would kinda be awake and cry but not hysterically. I would pick him up and try to put him back to sleep but it would take me like at least 10-15 minutes because he would cry as if something was hurting but he went to the doctor Tuesday and he was fine. I touched his belly to make sure it wasn't hard and he was fine. He would cry with his eyes closed and then would go back to sleep after trying to calm him down. He did that for about 4 times the whole night but every 20 minutes or so until he just fell asleep with us in bed. Has any one had this situation with their baby before?  any suggestions? sorry about the title, did not know what else to name it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: About my 10 month LO...sleeping/crying.

• My 20 month old did that a few times between the age of 18 months and now. It usually lasted2-3 nights then disappeared as quickly as it came. Not certain what it was but a few times it did coincide with breaking a routine, ie : we came back from vacation or her first experience at childcare. I too thought she was in pain or something hurt but it didn't seem to be the case. Sorry not providing any solutions...
  • that's ok thank you for your response!

• Loading the player...
  • My 7 month old does this off and on... I've learned that if I let her fuss/cry for a few minutes, she'll fall right back asleep. Literally only takes 2-3 minutes. Its when I go pick her up/she sees me that makes her cry worse and then it keeps her up longer.

Pregnancy Ticker  
    # 1
    BFP: 9/17/2013, EDD: 6/1/2014
    Welcome to the World, Brielle Lorraine: 5/23/2014 @ 2:01pm, 6lbs 6oz, 19.75in
    # 2
    BFP: 12/12/2014, EDD: 8/25/2015
  • KLB2T said:

My 7 month old does this off and on... I've learned that if I let her fuss/cry for a few minutes, she'll fall right back asleep. Literally only takes 2-3 minutes. Its when I go pick her up/she sees me that makes her cry worse and then it keeps her up longer.

I've tried to let him cry a little but it just gets worse and I can't leave him crying out like that just because he wants to be with me. So that's why I don't let him CIO, it just breaks my heart...I still put him in his crib when he falls asleep but he still wakes up fussing and crying and then put him to sleep again and put him in his crib. I just give up if it's in the middle of the night and I am exhausted then that's when we co-sleep.

• At that age I'd probably just bring them to my bed if that meant they'd get sleep.

Does your LO know how to fall asleep by himself? If you are always rocking him to sleep and then he wakes up alone in his crib that could be an issue. If it just happened a couple times then it's more than likely a phase and will pass. Then you just do what you need to do.
  • ashiscute said:
    At that age I'd probably just bring them to my bed if that meant they'd get sleep. Does your LO know how to fall asleep by himself? If you are always rocking him to sleep and then he wakes up alone in his crib that could be an issue. If it just happened a couple times then it's more than likely a phase and will pass. Then you just do what you need to do.
    If you are talking about me putting him in his crib and he falls asleep like that alone , then no. But I just give him his pacifier and lay him next to me in the couch then he falls asleep. SOMETIMES I have to rock him which I also don't mind doing but yeah that's how he falls asleep. He is still doing the same thing! nothing has changed. Thing is I am pregnant and when my belly gets bigger I don't know how that is going to work, the whole co-sleeping because I have a queen bed and he moves a lot when he sleeps. If I put him down he starts kinda crying with his eyes closed...he just wants to be on top of me lol. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"