July 2013 Moms

WWJ13D?

mrshudson618mrshudson618 member
edited January 2015 in July 2013 Moms
C is still really sick this morning. He isn't vomiting with the meds, but he still has a fever(alternating ibuprofen and Tylenol every 3 hrs).

He is just so listless and just wants to lay there, and keeps falling back asleep.

I assume part is weakness from still not having any real food. He is keeping liquids down, so I was gonna offer him some jello and saltines, but he hasn't been awake enough for that yet.

The ER said fever is normal, tests for flu were neg, and to just monitor and alternate meds.

Question is: would you keep the pedi appt we have in a couple hours? We were gonna cancel since we ended up at the ER, but I really don't like how sick he still seems to be. I would definitely take him, but its flipping 1 degree!!
Worth bundling him up, or wait and see how he does today?
Married 6/18/11
BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: WWJ13D?

• I would cancel and monitor at home for high fever, dehydration, etc - all the things you are doing. Hope he feels better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Like @collers4‌ said, I would call. My second opinion would be to go to the appointment. I hope he's feeling better soon!
  • Another vote to call them and keep the appointment. 
  • I'd definitely keep the appointment. I hope he's feeling better soon. Poor little fella :(
  • Call and ask the ped. Good luck! Hope he's feeling better soon
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Glad to hear he is better. I would keep the appointment and see a regular pedi to see if they have additional insight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hope he feels better asap! Poor kiddo. I agree with taking him to a pedi.
  • I agree with everyone else - call the office and keep the appointment if they want to see him. Glad to hear that he woke up feeling a little better!
  • I am on team keep the appt.  I really hope he feels better soon. :(
  • I'd keep the appointment. You can try offering chicken noodle soup. It's a good combo of food/liquid. Poor bud. Hope he continues to feel better!
  • Glad he's feeling better!
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Call and get the pedi's opinion
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • KikiCohen said:
    I would personally keep it and bundle him up. I have had several crappy opinions from ER docs so I hesitate to trust them.

I agree and would do the same. I hope he feels better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The listlessness would concern me & I'd keep the appt.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Just watch those diapers. We've had a lot of issues with dehydration with Addie. You can also pinch the skin on the back of the hand. If it stays standing up - bad news. Glad he's feeling better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"