May 2013 Moms

Mirena users please step in

I know I asked something similar quite a while back last year but I m wondering if any people have had recent experiences getting preg or theirs removed to help me decide when to have my mine removed.  For those that have/had Mirena did your doc recommend waiting to try to get pregnant 1 month or 2 months or not at all? What was your experience did you wait or try right away? How long did it take for you to get pregnant. I wouldn't care soo much but we are both in a wedding in the fall so I kinda have to try and plan out when Id like to be pregnant..give or take a few months. I dont want to wait too long and then have to wait forever.. Im sure its different for everyone but was hoping for some advice.  I just dont get why some docs say dont wait and others say oh wait 1 to 2 cycles. Thanks!!

Re: Mirena users please step in

• I have Mirena now, but thus is my first go with it so I have no experience with getting pg after removal, but my OB did say that you can start trying as soon as it is removed.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got my mirena removed on August 21st and we weren't really trying just pulling and praying but I got a positive pregnancy test on November 17 and due in July. I had my mirena for almost a year. My dr never said to wait but that it could take time for my cycles to adjust. My first period came back October 8th
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Loading the player...
  • Mirena is localized hormones so it's out of your system in a few days.

I just took mine out (not to get pg, but because I hated it) and the Dr told me to consider it immediately ineffective and to take precautions.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I had mine out in Feb and there were no instructions to wait. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• I was a 28 day cycle before pregnancy, on IUD i was anywhere from 30-33 day cycle. took out IUD in Oct i think and slowly got back to my 28 day cycle in feb. Tried in feb and out pregnant.  So i really don't know if it would of took awhile or not if i would of tried when my cycle was getting back to being regular