January 2014 Moms
Options

Crib Bumpers

Now that the 12 month mark is here or will be soon is anyone starting to use regular crib bumpers? I have been using mesh ones in DDs crib since she started rolling around and getting stuck but was thinking about breaking out the solid ones. I have the nice coordinating ones that came with the bedding set just sitting in the top of her closet taking up space but am still a little nervous about starting to use them.

Re: Crib Bumpers

• Options
    I don't have any bumpers and I haven't had any troubles of DD getting stuck, so no.  I am thinking about introducing a blanket though. 
  • Options

We have been and still are using the mesh ones. DD likes to sleep with her head pressed up against in the corner and I have a feeling taking them out wouldn't go over well and she would probably get limbs stuck and such. She does not stand up in her crib often and hasn't realized she can step on it, so for the time being they are staying in.

I do however, pull them down enough so her limbs don't get stuck. If she were to step on them/climb on them, she wouldn't get much leverage. We do have the nice padded ones, as well...but I probably won't use those. She's old enough now to pick her head up and move if she couldn't breathe well, but don't want to take the chance.

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We haven't used bumpers at all (bought her set without them).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We don't have bumpers.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    I've been using bumpers on the back and one side of his crib for about 4 months now. I get so much crap about it but my LO really used to bang his head off the back of his crib if he woke up in the middle of the night. Since we've used the bumpers he's done it a lot less.
  • Options
    Arya808 said:
    We're sticking with the mesh bumpers until she transitions into a toddler bed.
    Same. The mesh ones match her decor fairly well, and I would rather be safe than sorry, breathing-wise. 
  • Options
    We're on team no bumpers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Options
    We used solid bumpers from 7-9 months to keep arms and legs from getting stuck. Then we moved and didn't use them anymore. Is there a reason you want to switch from mesh to solid?
  • Options
    The only reason is because I have the ones that came with her bedding set just sitting in the top of her closet. Pretty much everyone IRL acts like I'm crazy because I didn't put them on when we first set the room up and I don't give her tons of blankets and stuffed animals in her crib. They are nice and I would like to use them but obviously don't want to place my daughter in any risk. I know there is nothing magical about 12 months so it feels weird to drop all the safe sleeping precautions just because they are now 1 year old.
  • Options
    We don't use crib bumpers.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"