Military Families
Options

Bad timing With military

good timing for us. We were ready but bad timing as far as a potential move. How much does this suck. Plans are up in the air about where everyone is going as our unit moves/breaks up. We are currently in Germany and now We're on some list for May but we don't know what it implies. Hoping it's moving in May. Orders earlier than May. Have no idea what I'd do if we got orders to move back conus during my third trimester. What could I even do except stay here but how? If he needs to report. Dh keeps saying they just don't care and orders are orders. So what. Should I go back early to the states to my parents Just incase we don't know anything sooner. Then I have to figure out the tricare. Ugh. I hate not knowing what is in the works for us. Currently about to be 5 weeks do anything sooner the better. Anyone been in a sticky situation like this with the military during a pregnancy ??

Re: Bad timing With military

• Options
    Not with an OCONUS move, but, yes, my H is starting a Masters program this fall. I'm due August 19th. We will probably have a move sometime in mid-July. Not totally ideal, but it is what it is (if we had our way we'd have a toddler by now, so we're thrilled with this pregnancy really).

I talked to my Key Spouse a little about it, and she said that if you're a certain number of weeks, they might not move you. However, I don't know when that would be. Personally, I'm hoping we can either move a little early and I can establish a relationship with the MTF up there (I am planning to deliver at the MTF here, so I'm not too worried about finding a doctor or hospital).

I do think if you end up moving in May and aren't due until September (basing that on your ticker) you'd be just before 3rd Tri and probably fine to move. It wouldn't be fun, but it wouldn't be moving at 36 weeks. I think if the orders end up being for a move in July or August, it might be good to go ahead and go stateside if you can.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    As long as it's not too late for you to fly (past 35 weeks) they will probably expect you to move when the orders come down. I moved from OCONUS back to the US at 35 weeks with my first. It wasn't ideal, but we made it work.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband has orders to move may 31... I am due June 22. At this point we are working with his commander and mpf and if looks like they are moving the date up to April 1st. At least I know in the air force and in my husbands career they are totally family friendly and try to get you to move 2 months or so before baby is born. It never hurts to ask to either get orders pushed up or delayed if you want to have baby there.
  • Options
    Not me, but a friend moved OCONUS while pregnant.  They put in a hardship request which got them over to Germany a few months earlier. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"