New Orleans Babies
Options

Child care recommendations And Post Natal Fitness

hi,
I am a first time mom residing in Mid City. Our little man should be here by the end of February and I was hoping to get some recommendations on childcare around the city. I am not sure when I will return to work but I wanted to have my childcare lined up. Also, can anyone tell me about any mommy friendly fitness classes or post natal classes locally to get back into shape. I am having a c section and I want my fitness and health to also be a priority along with caring for my prescious little one.

Thanks so much !

Re: Child care recommendations And Post Natal Fitness

• Options
    @Bwaters1122,

I am a first time mom, due March 3rd, in the Uptown area also! I was looking into childcare and with the way it is in the GNO there are quite a few places with long wait lists. I started getting on waiting lists about a month ago, but I won't need childcare until August. Some of the places I checked out were Uptown Learning Center, Kidopolis, Rayne Early Childhood program, Audubon Primary Academy, The Nursery Learning and Development Center, Abeona House, and Crescent Cradle. I found the following link very helpful:

I hope this helps!

Ca

• Options
    Echoing PP, wait lists are vast and long in this city.  I had my kids on two lists within a week of getting pregnant, and still did not have a spot 1 year later at either spot.  Another place lower on my list ended up having an opening, but we were fortunate to be able to keep the kids home until my oldest was 2.  Since Katrina, spaces for kinds under 2 are very hard to come by, so get on as many waiting lists as possible now, as you are extremely late to the game.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in a similar situation.  I'm really hoping to find a nanny for a few days a week starting in October, I just have no idea where to begin.  I'm in Lakeview and heard great things about Mount Carmel.  I didn't even consider wait lists.  Thank y'all for pointing that out!
  • Options
    This post came at perfect timing.. I was just starting to think about it and I'm only about 8 weeks pregnant. Thanks for posting this link!! 
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

Me: 28, PCOS 
    DH:29 (SA normal)
    Married June 2012
    TTC since Nov. 2013 
    Met with OBGYN to discuss lack of AF....

May 2014: Metformin 500mg
    July 2014: Clomid 50mg, never O'd
    Sept 2014: Clomid 100mg, O'd (yay!) CD21, BFN - Discovered OB sucks, made appt with RE
    Oct/Nov 2014: 1st appt with RE, Femera 7.5mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Nov/Dec 2014: HSG(all clear), Femera 7.5mg + Trigger + TI = BFP!! EDD 8/29/15
    Beta #1 = 755
    Beta #2 = 1208

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So we have gone to see two places so far. 

We have toured Grace Lutheran which has a mothers day program. It was a very cozy environment, 2 rooms- one for infant and the other for older children.The women who worked there were very nice.They currently run the MDO from M-Th from 9am-1:30 pm with the option of extended care until 3:30 for an additional charge. They accept children starting at 6 weeks of age. Although DH works from home and will be with DS most of the time, this schedule would not really work for us because I'd like DH to have the option of seeing clients in the afternoons. But if you are just looking for some time to run errands the tuition is very reasonable,  for two days/week it would be $190/month, i believe they have 1-4 day tuition rates. 

The 2nd location was Krescent City Kids in Mid-City. The neighborhood is in a high hustle and bustle area but I did appreciate that they  have a buzz in at the door for added security. They accept children from 6 weeks- 5 years of age. This is a full-time only establishment M-F that begin intake at 7:00 am and children must be there by 9:00 am to receive breakfast. Pick up can be anytime before 6 pm. The director seemed very professional. The atmosphere was peaceful and they offer electives/lunch/breakfast included in their tuition. The infant room has a ratio of 4:1 and there is also an additional aide that comes in the afternoons. They will use cloth diapers/wipes, allow you to come in and breast feed, and bring in breast milk. Tuition the infant room would be $153/week and although he won't be going all 5 days,it still seems reasonable for us in comparison to Abeona House and some of the other options that are in the $700-$1000 range.
    Overall, I liked the facility. If anyone has any personal reviews or experience with them please let me know, I would a mom's opinion on this facility, so far it is our number 1 pick. 

We will be touring: 
    Church
    of the Annunciation
    Kehoe-
    France School
    Parkview
    Baptist Early Learning Center
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"