Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Post partum sex for the first time

I had a tiny tear and weighted 2 months after delivery. My OBGYN said postpartum most people are normally dry. So I used lots of lube. It was still not a pleasant experience. I had to stop.  When does it all go back to normal?

Re: Post partum sex for the first time

• It takes time. Your body is still healing. It takes a little more "preheating" for things to get going better especially with breastfeeding due to the drop in estrogen from prolactin/breastfeeding. Your spouse needs to be patient. More kissing, etc beforehand.
  • Honestly? It got better, but didn't go back to normal until after I weaned DD. We just took it easy and kept the communication way open and did other things to keep our sexual relationship healthy. 

My best advice is to take vaginal intercourse off the menu for a while - let your body do what it needs to do to heal and nourish your baby. There is so much sex that leaves the vagina out of it. I think that it's the nursing dryness that acts as 'birth control' way more than lactational amenorrhea (which is not actually a reliable form of birth control!). 
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel you. My LO is about 15 weeks and we JUST started to get things going and it was difficult. We are going slow and your SO will just have to be a bit patient. I would second the lube just to make things easier...but the best advice is to definitely take things slowly.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"