February 2015 Moms

What are you going to eat post-delivery??

2»

Re: What are you going to eat post-delivery??

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • After my first, the first thing I ate was a boring hospital made ham and cheese sandwich (it was the middle of the night and all they had was this or pb&j). The next morning I sent DH out for a fruit salad from the grocery store. It was amazing!

After my second (different hospital, they actually have decent food) I had just missed the lunch cart but was starving so I sent DH to the cafeteria for "something healthy." He brought a salad he put together from the salad bar and that was perfect!

I am definitely not a healthy eater 100% of the time (I just got done eating half of one of those 8oz reeses a pp mentioned) but after birth I always crave something that will make me feel good and not stuffed. The last thing I want is greasy, heavy, food.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wine wine wine wine wine wine
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I requested someone sneak a mudslide into the hospital for me!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Probably a cranberry slushie from Sonic (because I'm classy) and whatever sounds good (a giant club sandwich and delicious kettle chips from a nearby deli is what I'm thinking now but who knows what I will feel like having or what will be available). I am definitely looking forward to some wine when I get home afterwards. 

January siggy challenge: Tying my own damn shoes again.

BabyFruit Ticker

• mands1125 said:
    Italian hoagie and a nice cold beer!!
    @mands1125 are you from the Philly area?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Give me ALL THE TEQUILA. ;) No really, I want this amazing sandwich called the Chelsea from this local gourmet grocery store. It has turkey breast, arugula, brie, granny smith apple, and a delicious mustard on a crusty baguette. SO. GOOD.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• AF9211 said:

mands1125 said:

Of course. I guess "hoagie" gave it away :)

Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Tim Hortons ham sandwich!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll prob get someone to pick up a Chipotle burrito to eat in the hospital. The only thing I've really missed this pregnancy is raw bean sprouts, so maybe pho as well. I've got a bottle of reisling for DH and I to enjoy when we get home with DD.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• mands1125 said:
    mands1125 said:
    Of course. I guess "hoagie" gave it away :)
    Haha yes! I think we're the only region who uses that term! 

• My hospital has pretty great food so I will probably just order in everyday (RCS planned). I over did it last time and had no idea about how painful gas is after a c-section so I plan on eatting lighter options for the first few days this time around.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• @KristinMTBell‌ it's a Pinot noir, which I don't usually drink (I'm more of a Cabernet gal), but we were visiting family and they recommended it.

I'm so glad it survived the flight home!

Baby #2 due 2/15/15!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb 15 January Siggy Challenge:  What you're looking forward to most after baby arrives:
    NO MORE HEARTBURN!

• I'm surprised no ones like we're bringing a crockpot for the placenta OM NOM NOM

Haha

Haha, I was just about to post "the placenta".
  • Depending on what time it is, either something from the hospital room service (free/included for moms and very tasty) or have someone pick something up for DH and me at one of the many places down the street from hospital. There's a mall, and a ton of food places for all the offices nearby, I can find anything I'm in the mood for. I'm kinda jealous my house isnt closer to the area with all those options!
    Anniversary 

• I'm surprised no ones like we're bringing a crockpot for the placenta OM NOM NOM

Haha

Haha, I was just about to post "the placenta".
    Oh man I was just coming in here to say this lol
  • I have had mostly cooked sushi and a little raw in the last month, but it isn't the same. We went to a sushi restaurant that is right by the hospital the other night for my birthday and my sweet husband grabbed a take-out menu for me to order some "real deal" sushi while I'm in the hospital. Things like this is why I keep him around. He's pretty awesome. :)
  • ALL the TexMex that my tummy can hold! :D
  • RedGiant said:

I'll prob get someone to pick up a Chipotle burrito to eat in the hospital. The only thing I've really missed this pregnancy is raw bean sprouts, so maybe pho as well. I've got a bottle of reisling for DH and I to enjoy when we get home with DD.

Was I not supposed to eat raw bean sprouts? Whoops!
    Yaaa I heard this at the beginning but never stopped eating them. I really didn't stop eating anything (except no caffiene/alcohol first tri) everything else I have in moderation.
  • I can't wait to start dieting right after I have this baby. However included in this diet will be wine and chocolate
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

DS-1/27/04 DS-11/5/12 MC-5/7/14 BFP: 5/27/14 

imageimageimage

• I'm planning for pancakes (or waffles, I won't discriminate) smothered in syrup, maybe topped with some strawberries and a GIANT glass of OJ. (Another gestational diabetic here). Oh how I miss my McD's OJ in the mornings..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Red lobster. By far this is what I want if they are open. Especially since having GD.
  • After DD for some reason I wanted BBQ. So my dad delivered basically the whole menu since I wasn't specific (nurses loved me from than on out as they had all the leftovers) He also smuggled in some ice cold beer. So good.

This time I depends on when and what I'm feeling.

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• It depends on what time I deliver.  If it's in the morning, I want a spicy chicken biscuit, hash browns and OJ from Chik-Fil-A.  If it's later in the day, a burrito from Chipotle with steak, fajita veggies, brown rice, spicy salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce and guacamole (yes I know it's extra). 

My biggest fear is that since we live in a relatively small town (we don't even have Chipotle here.  My sister has to bring it in from a town 30 minutes away), I'll give birth after 10 p.m. when everything is shut down except McDonalds ):  

• I have lots and lots of ideas but I'm trying to balance those with my fear of the first post partum poo.  Not like the things I want to eat are full of fiber.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I want a burrito, but I am afraid of the poop afterward. So maybe sushi. 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • More like what am I going to drink post-delivery.
  • Depends on the time. If it's morning, I want a McDonalds sausage mcmuffin meal with 2 hash browns and an OJ (take that GD diet). If it's afternoon and not too late into the evening, I want a red robin banzai burger with 2 servings of fries. Otherwise, pizza with all the meats. Would like to have a bubble tea or a strawberry milk shake at some point too.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Mmm bubble tea. I think i'll have that today. Nevermind waiting!
    PikoPiko said:

Depends on the time. If it's morning, I want a McDonalds sausage mcmuffin meal with 2 hash browns and an OJ (take that GD diet). If it's afternoon and not too late into the evening, I want a red robin banzai burger with 2 servings of fries. Otherwise, pizza with all the meats. Would like to have a bubble tea or a strawberry milk shake at some point too.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Why must you tease me so, @digwriter‌?! Damn that stupid GD to hell and back.

Enjoy it and eat 2 tapioca balls on my behalf ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

• LOL Sorry @pikopiko. I've actually been trying to resist the extra sugar because it makes baby get really hyper. Unfortunately I can see one of my favorite bubble tea and pho restaurants from my office window, so your post really made me want my taro bubble tea ... and now I want a giant bowl of rare beef and brisket pho. Grr. Must resist!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• REALLY disappointed it took until page 3 to get a "MY PLACENTA!!!" Comment... But I know I can always count on my girl @chicagojackie‌.

But for reals I want 5 Guys and I'll be all up in it, loving it strong.

• hmmm. I hadn't given ANY thought to this at ALL. I figured I'd eat whatever the hospital provides. Is that lame?? Is it standard protocol for hubby to go get wifey dinner after delivery?? I would think that he wouldn't want to leave us long enough to go get food. Everyone says I'll be hungry but I feel like I'll be so excited to meet our boy that I wont be able to tear my eyes off of him long enough to eat!

Theres' a roadhouse next to hospital so maybe a good baked potato.  Ugh I don't know. I'm a planner but I think I'll just have to wait this one out and see what happens.

• Ace226Ace226 member
    edited January 2015
    I just can't wait for my appetite to come back and food aversions to go away! :)
    Edit: and holy crap, I'd give my left arm to have restaurants like Red Robin nearby.
  • Wine and a nice dark stout.  Yum!
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
  • I didn't eat for a week because I wanted to lose my pregnancy pounds.