February 2015 Moms

What are you going to eat post-delivery??

chicagojackiechicagojackie member
edited January 2015 in February 2015 Moms
What is your partner going to get you? Time to google around the hospital.
BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
image    image   image

What are you going to eat post-delivery?? 227 votes

Giant deli/sub/grinder sandwich
25% 58 votes
Sushi, raw and cold
17% 39 votes
Pizza
5% 13 votes
Burger & Fries
13% 30 votes
TEQUILA
12% 29 votes
Something else
25% 59 votes

Re: What are you going to eat post-delivery??

• Lasagna, salad, and breadsticks :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Lasagna, salad, and breadsticks :-)

Ohhhhh Italian. There's a place by my hospital that's good but only open until 8p.

image    image   image
  • Probably a beer.  Beer helps milk come in.  That's what I tell myself.  :)

I'm actually not entirely sure.  It depends on what time of day baby decides to get here.  If she gets here in the night, then likely it'll be a giant cup of coffee.  Because those tiny cups they give you in the hospital just don't cut it.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Wings! And rings!! Mmmmm

image    image   image
  • Sushi, Chinese food, wine!!
  • We actually have to have this planned and bring the post-delivery meal with us at the birth center, along with snacks for while I'm laboring.  I will probably do what I did before - pancakes and fruit! 

However, I will not make the same mistake I did before and this time DH will be making me pancakes and freezing them in advance.  When I was in labor, in transition and ready to go to the birth center last time H was cooking pancakes and I had to wait around having contraction on top of contraction. 
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • All the wine.  I should probably figure out an actual meal since we'll be at the birth center and should either bring it with us or know what is nearby that I can send DH out to get.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • I've been craving a Jimmy John's sub and made my sister promise to bring me one after delivery!
  • There is a Jersey Mikes sub shop across the street from the hospital and it is my absolute favorite! I eat it now but not often because it's not convenient to eat there with where we live. My hubby will be going there for my postpartum meal. If they are going to close while I'm still in labor I will send someone to go get it and put it in the refrigerator.
  • My favorite Mexican place is right across the street from the hospital. I see queso, fajitas and a nice cold coke in my future.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it will really depend on what time lil parker comes and what is open. I'm sure at that point I'd eat just about anything. I haven't really craved anything this whole pregnancy that I can't have.
  • I voted giant sub but I really miss medium filet. I've been avoiding it just in case and I can't wait to bite into that soft pink deliciousness! I'll probably choose that as the first date night we go on after "this one" is here.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Our hospital had awesome food (and a Starbucks!) but my tummy felt so weird last time I'm not sure I appreciated it fully. And as much as I *wanted* wine, I didn't get my taste for it back for a couple weeks.

Hope that doesn't happen this time! I'll probably wait til my birthday a couple weeks later to bust open the bottle we got in Alsace when we were in France last June. I've been saving that puppy!

Baby #2 due 2/15/15!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb 15 January Siggy Challenge:  What you're looking forward to most after baby arrives:
    NO MORE HEARTBURN!

• maasybaby said:

I made my family an instruction pack for during the delivery (where to find what in the house, list of our usual groceries, where they can go to eat/entertain themselves, hospital directions etc.) and in big bold capital letters it says:

"AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, IF ANY SUSHI PLACE IS OPEN, ORDER IT FOR ME"
    I've missed sushi :-)
    So going to do this!!!
  • I was thinking a sub as well, but chick fil a is so close too.  Ill def want a big latte at some point. Guess Ill just see what Im craving.  We're bringing snacks for the room:

trail mix
    Smartfood
    brownies
    Gatorade 
    Rock Star for DH
    cookies for nurses 
    and now a bottle of Champagne!

• I told MIL that it would behoove her to get me sushi ASAP after this kid is out! But I would also settle for a jersey mikes ham sandwich not heated.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image image image
  • DH got me one of those HUGE reese's cup packages for Xmas, each one is 8 ounces. I am packing those in my hospital bag and will eat at least one post-birth
  • Tequila!! My husband scored and has saved a very special bottle for us to celebrate with post-partum.

I imagine I will do anything for a nice med rare filet mignon wrapped in bacon and topped with blue cheese (this has been my strongest pregnancy craving and I've been indulging as much as possible). Wash that down with a bottle of Valpolicella and I'll be the happiest girl on earth.

I can't see any of these happening at the hospital, so the latter will be my first meal once I get home and the tequila will happen some time...eventually!

• Pizza and an ice cold beer!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Argh so hungry reading all these!!! I've requested a big-ass glazed donut and a chocolate cake donut with a generous pour of Prosecco, followed immediately by a huge serving of Sesame Chicken. I haven't had Chinese food in years, but that's what I want once LO is out.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Italian hoagie and a nice cold beer!!
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • crystalw88crystalw88 member
    edited January 2015
    I'm definitely going to want breakfast. Any and all breakfast foods. Some hashbrowns, pancakes, bacon....

ETA: even if it's at 4pm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OMG, already decided: Mac and cheese and a orange creamsicle milkshake (fresh-squeezed orange juice and vanilla ice cream) from my favorite diner, which is close to the hospital AND open almost 24 hours. Followed by a whole bag of mint M&Ms.

So says the gestational diabetic. :wink:
    --- Jan Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives ---

• Whatever sounds good. Also, whiskey.

We received a bottle of really good stuff at our baby shower. DH has been waiting on me to open it.
  • A gigantic frozen marg. Or a huge glass of wine. Mm mm...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • A Panera cinnamon crunch bagel with cream cheese is what I requested last week for post-delivery. That might change between now and then.
  • With my first (being GD), I wanted a Dr. Pepper SO much. My dad picked me up fish & chips and a DIET Dr. Pepper (that's all the restaurant had!). Talk about disappointment. With my second (also GD), I wanted a Cinnamon Roll with frosting, which my FIL brought me.

I also recall with my first, at the hospital you had to pre-order your meals the night before. DS#1 was born JUST before they delivered breakfast (we didn't know how long it would take) and they brought me the diabetic breakfast I ordered the night before. I was so bummed. Pancakes with syrup sounded SOOO good!

I've already requested a box of See's Candy as my "push present" this time. We'll see who comes through. (We got a box as a Christmas gift from our bank and it's been taunting me for a week+)

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wine. All of the wine wine. A whole damn vineyard of Chardonnay chilled on ice next to my bed. Did I mention I wanted wine?
  • They won't let me eat anything besides jello and crackers till the next morning. But there's a great Chinese place right down the street from the hospital and as soon as they give me the ok... it's on!!!
  • I wasn't hungry after having my first 2. Maybe it's a c-section thing???

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker