November 2014 Moms
Options

No CIO Yet For My Baby!

Why is everyone on such a hurry to have babies grow up and be independent? I posted back about 5 weeks ago that MH was trying to have Noob CIO at night. The only way I was able to put a stop to it was to because the nighttime parent and move back to the nursery with the baby. We bedshare (with the safety precautions recommended in Sweet Sleep by LLLI), and our breastfeeding, sleep, and his overall demeanor has improved so much. Now that he is 8 weeks today, husband is back on me about when he can start CIO training. Today's logic? "You can't make him stay a baby." I'm aware of that. But he IS a baby - still a newborn! If nothing else, the APA recommends room sharing for 6 months!
I'm going to check out the No Cry Sleep Solution from the library, and hope that maybe we can find a happy medium.
Sigh. I'm just sad that here we're only 8 weeks and already the world wants lo to grow up :(

Re: No CIO Yet For My Baby!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    https://www.troublesometots.com/

Give him this webpage and show him the evidence. 4-6 months at the earliest, with 6 month being the recommendation.

• Options
    Grr! I spoke to soon, DH brought it up again last night 8-| I am so glad OP posted this, now to follow that link! DH will always respond well if I come to him with provable facts, thankfully!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"