August 2015 Moms

Terrified of miscarriage & have some cramping - should I be worried ?

So it took us over three years to get pregnant. Maybe we did get pregnant and lost them before we even knew ? That thought terrifies me into thinking I'll just lose this one. I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and have yet to see doctor (Tuesday is an ultrasound) I just want to make sure baby is where it needs to be and is growing right. I'm terrified of any miscarriage and even more terrified of an ectopic. I have some slight menstrual cramping here and there in my pelvic area and my back. But sometimes I get sharper cramps on either left right or both lower sides. Today the pain wasn't terribly sharp but was up a little higher than normal. Usually the sharp cramps last only a second or two but lately they will last anywhere from 10-30 seconds and every little pain I get is so frightening. I haven't had any bleeding but could anyone ease my mind ? (Or tell me similar experiences regardless of a good or bad outcome)
also I heard that if you have an ectopic pregnancy that the hpt will have only a faint line even if your 8 weeks but all 5 of my tests came back with a big thick dark positive line. Could I be In the clear of an ectopic ? Or could those symptoms still be related to one ?

Best Answer

Answers

• The pain isn't like heeling over grabbing stomach pain. Is this normal ? How soon to ectopic symptoms start to show before you definitely know it's ectopic ? In a miscarriage will I bleed first then cramp ? Or opposite ? Sorry for so many questions. This is my first pregnancy and just want everything to go smooth.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think everyone is nervous about a miscarriage. You have to take it one day at a time.

It is also not cool to say "Maybe we did get pregnant and lost them before we even knew ?'
    If you never had a positive test before, you never had a loss. Comments like that are insensitive to those of us who have actually had losses.  
    Didn't mean to be insensitive. It was just a thought that was on my mind. I understand so many people have had losses and it breaks my heart. I can't even imagine. My sister had 8 miscarriages before she had her beautiful daughter and I want to cry just thinking of it.

Thank you all for helping me. I feel a lot more at ease. I may be able to sleep at night now ! I'll keep you updated !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"