Formula Feeding
Options

Formula smells bad?

My baby girl is on Gerber Gentle. This most recent can I purchased has this distinct sour smell to it, and when you mix the bottle, it still smells really really bad. She drinks it and at least once a day she'll spit up EVERYTHING in her tummy. In the past two days, she's started expel "the other way" as well and even when I wash her mouth out with a moist face cloth daily, her mouth still smells rancid... Am I the only one with this problem? I've contacted Gerber, they are sending me a sample kit to send back, but they don't have any open recalls... It's a bit odd to me that this passed quality control... She's not running a fever, but I'm worried she's not getting her nutrients and hydration... 

Re: Formula smells bad?

• Options
    Weird as in how??
    To me formula always had a distinct metallic smell, Gerber more than Enfamil, that's why I switched. Is thay what you are smelling?
    If not, is this the first batch of formula you're using? Sorry i'm on my phone and can't see sigs. How have you been feeding baby so far? Is this the first time you've noticed the 'smell'?
  • Options
    I would get a new can. Follow your gut.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I personally think all formulas smell and taste pretty "different" when compared to BM. I actually threw away the first can I ever used... And after trying different brands I realized formula is not going to taste or smell as good as BM. I also noticed ready to use formula smells/tastes a bit different from powdered too.
  • Options
    I've noticed my tubs of Gerber gentle smell differently sometimes. It really weirds me out... But this formula has been the only one to really help my LO with his tummy issues, so I don't want to switch