Potty Training
Options

Potty training blows

So, DS 25mo has shown signs of readiness for months now- he will sit on the potty, pee no poop unless I rush him there. But unless I take him to the potty he just does not give a rats who-ha about having accidents. We have done naked, undies at home and at school. I find myself taking him twice an hour, but still he will pee (or poo....ew) and not care about being soiled. Does the fact that he doesn't care mean he's just not ready? Cause I'm driving myself crazy over here!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Potty training blows

• Options
    If he doesn't mind sitting in pee or poop he probably isn't ready yet.  Wanting to be clean and wanting to use the potty is half the battle really.  We introduced DD and DS to the potty by asking if they wanted to sit on the potty, putting them on there before bath time, and letting them periodically wear underwear around the house.  However, once they had an accident they went back to diapers.  
    When DS had just turned 2 we thought we'd give it a go due to his interest and he wasn't there yet.  We shelved it and then tried again once he turned 27 months we tried it again.  He is doing much better this time.  If it's causing you stress I think it's time for a break.  
  • Options
    We started around that age, and the novelty of it quickly wore off in a week.  Now at 33 months, it finally clicked.  One of my boys doesn't want to wear diapers anymore, and has been really good about going to the potty in time.  My other son is working on this still, but isn't too far behind.  So hang in there.  Maybe try training again a little later.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    amex0107 said:

We started around that age, and the novelty of it quickly wore off in a week.  Now at 33 months, it finally clicked.  One of my boys doesn't want to wear diapers anymore, and has been really good about going to the potty in time.  My other son is working on this still, but isn't too far behind.  So hang in there.  Maybe try training again a little later.

My son was the same, about 2 weeks all gung ho about it then all of a sudden no potty! He would scream and cry if we went near it then run and grab a diaper. I stopped then last week (6 montgs later) he finally got it. Yesterday was our first time out shopping in boxers and not pull ups or diapers, he even asked to go pee before bed.., so hang in there, sometimes we are more ready for potty training then the kids.
  • Options
    I have been training my 3.5 year old daughter for 9 months and she still hasn't had a perfect week with no accidents.  Her record is 4 days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"