Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Infant "Pedicure"

Hey ya'll I need advice!  I'm a first time mom and my daughter is 16 months.  I'm terrified to clip my daughter's toenails.  When I do I cut (or nibble as her temperament may demand) as closely as possible, but there is almost always a bend in it as if I'm not doing a good enough job.  I don't want her to get hang nails/ingrown toenails, but I don't know what else to do.  Is there something you suggest or somewhere that I can go to get help with making sure her toes are healthy?

Thanks so much for any thoughts!

Re: Infant "Pedicure"

• I always clip DD's nails when she's asleep.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • I clip D's nails when he is either in his high chair (and I make sure I clean it up, of course, lol) or in the carseat. If you're finding that clippers aren't working for you, maybe try a nail file.
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• Loading the player...
  • I've always wondered... how you can do it when they are asleep?  When my daughter is asleep, she's in the crib and if it's at night, she's in the dark and in footed pjs and a sleepsack.  How can you get close enough, get their feet out and see what you're doing without waking them up?  Her toenails are the worst.  It's impossible to see them even in the light when she's awake and they curl downwards so it's really hard to get the clippers under them.  Will a file work if they curl down?
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • They sell headlamps at Home Depot type stores and I used to use those to go in and trim DS nails while he slept. I've held a small flashlight in my mouth too :) I could only get to the nails when he was little sleeping in a swing or car seat or when he was in a toddler bed. DS2 lets me trim them while he's awake. It helps to distract them with a toy or tv or something while you do it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"