High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

bicornuate uterus & growing SCH

Hello ladies. I am always high risk because of my bicornuate uterus... but this pregnancy, even more so. I am 10 weeks. At 7 weeks I started bleeding heavily, found out I had a small SCH. A week later at a follow up u/s, it had grown. A week later, itd grown again. And again this week at a follow up u/s it grew again! It is now bigger than the amniotic sac! Baby is in one horn of my uterus, happy, healthy and growing. The SCH is in the other horn and huge!

Needless to say, my MW broke up with me and referred me to an OB. The OB is referring me to an MFM (closest one is 2hrs away). I have so many questions to ask at my appt next week (I'm being seen weekly to monitor the SCH). Any other momma's experience this?

What are some questions you would ask? Here are some I have so far!
- will the growing SCH cause a further growth restriction (septate ute)?
- will the baby growing cause complications with the SCH?
- risks of preterm labor? Pprom? Placental abruption? Etc?

I'm on bed rest, not easy with a 13 month old, and trying to take it as easy as possible!

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
<3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 

Re: bicornuate uterus &amp; growing SCH

• Options
    I have a BU and had a SCH that started at 7 weeks as well. It started out small but by 10 weeks it had become HUGE and at some point I had 2 of them that surrounded baby. I had a ton of bleeding and large clots (size tangerines). I had weekly ultrasounds to check on the size and I am not sure when they finally stabilized but I know they resolved themselves around 20-22 weeks. I read after having my dd that SCH's that go on after 20 weeks puts you at a higher risk of PROM. 

Good luck on your appointment! praying it resolves quickly for you.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"