Baby Names
Options

Gianna

How would you pronounce this name ? JAHN-ah or gee-AN-ah. I have read both online and I love this name but not sure how it's actually pronounced!

Re: Gianna

• Options
    I say gee an uh

Me (28) DH (34) actively TTC since 2010

2011 dx by RE: Severe mfi- Treatment option: IVF w/ ICSI ( I declined the RE recommendation to use ds),  2012  IVF#1 w/ICSI long Lupron protocol + follistim + menopour.  Transferred 2 day 3 embys, ended in early m/c, 2013 IVF#2 w/ICSI bcp, lupron, & a lot of friggin follistim. Received a call the morning of transfer that they ceased, 2014  1/11/14 -cycle day 1, unmedicated AI w. DS.  AI #1 1.23.14, scheduled again for 1.25.14, & 1.27.14

My baby lives in my heart.  Juliette Marie 1/17/2008 - forever 

• Options
    I say Gee-ah-nuh from just looking at the name. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a friend who named her daughter Gianna. They pronounce it Gee-ah-nuh.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My daughter's friend pronounces it gee-ah-nuh. It's a beautiful name and she is the sweetest girl.
  • Options

I believe the correct pronunciation is JAHN-ah.

In Italian, where this name originates, this is correct.
  • Options
    I have a prayer card with st Gianna on it from a friend who got it at the Vatican and I love that she is the saint for monks and unborn children. Check out st Gianna Berreta on Google. Officially made a saint in 2004.

2011 dx by RE: Severe mfi- Treatment option: IVF w/ ICSI ( I declined the RE recommendation to use ds),  2012  IVF#1 w/ICSI long Lupron protocol + follistim + menopour.  Transferred 2 day 3 embys, ended in early m/c, 2013 IVF#2 w/ICSI bcp, lupron, & a lot of friggin follistim. Received a call the morning of transfer that they ceased, 2014  1/11/14 -cycle day 1, unmedicated AI w. DS.  AI #1 1.23.14, scheduled again for 1.25.14, & 1.27.14

• Options
    Meant for mom's not monks lol

• Options
    My coworker pronounces her daughters name g-on-uh
  • Options
    Jahn-ah is the correct pronunciation, most people pronounce it gee ah nah.

My daughters name is gianna pronounced jahn-nah but it doesnt bother me when people say gee ah nah...i love it either way, but especially with an italian accent@!
  • Options
    Gee-ah-nuh
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"