Cincinnati Babies

wake a sleeping baby?

Would you/do you wake a sleeping baby to feed them? LO has slept 6-7 hours straight the past three nights. Mind you, I'm not complaining! I don't get up to pump or anything during the night and my supply seems to be doing fine. When she wakes up I'm very full and feed her and then pump. She cluster feeds for 2-3 hours then will take a nap throughout the day. And I pump when I feel full. Her pee/poop output it's great. She's past the two week mark which is when Dr. Google says wake her to feed. What is your all's experience? Would you wake your LO's or let them sleep?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: wake a sleeping baby?

• congrats, sleep is great! I probably wouldn't wake her up if your supply is still going ok.  I had supply problems and in hindsight wondered if I should have woke her up more, but there were other factors involved, so I don't think it was that.  Do you have a LC you could check in with to see what they think? Chances are she will probably start waking up again, I can remember getting some nice stretches of sleep like that then she was back up every 2-3 hours.  Sorry not the greatest advice coming from me, but enjoy the sleep while you've got it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @mrscatfarmer13‌ she's definitely regained her birth weight. Went from 7-4 down to 7 even, then was 8-6 at her 2 week apt. She definitely likes to eat. I didn't even consider the birth weight thing. Makes perfect sense. Thanks!

@vlagroupie‌ I do have a LC I could call. I didn't think about that either. And I hope she doesn't revert back but it'll be ok if she does ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • It's over haha. We only slept three hours last night. Oh well, it was good while it lasted for sure.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Do you all think standard household scales are accurate enough to get a general idea of weight? If I weigh myself then weigh myself holding her and do the math that's a good general estimate?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm in Dayton. That's a bit of a haul for me. She's definitely gaining weight because she's growing out of clothes quickly. I just thought it would be fun to track more closely.
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"