New Jersey Babies
Options

Any body deliver at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch.

I am due in Aug. 2015, and My OB is associated with Monmouth Medical Center. I want to know your experience there. How are the labor and deliver rooms and the postpartum rooms. I know they have a level 3 NICU. 

Re: Any body deliver at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch.

• Options
    @fjamil1‌ I delivered both my boys at Monmouth, last one in May 2014. I was very pleased. The l&d rooms are nice. The post-partum rooms are sufficient. The furniture is older and they're not glamorous but they're roomy. More importantly the staff is very good and the hospital has excellent stats (c-section rates, episiotomy, etc..). My first wound up in NICU for a few days and they were wonderful. Definitely take the tour.
  • Options
    I delivered my son there December 2012 and will be delivering my second son there July 2015. The nurses were great and very helpful. The rooms are ok. Like the person posted before me the hospital has great stats. They have a very low c-section rate which is one of the main reasons I chose this hospital. Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just delivered there in January and had an awesome experience. The recovery rooms just got updated, ours had an amazing view of the ocean. All the nurses and doctors were so nice and so awesome. My only complaint was the lactation consultants were worthless, they didn't even come see me (even though I asked for them multiple times) until the end of my second day there and my baby's latch was wrong and was tearing my nipples up and neither of them had any tips or input, they gave me some nipple shields and that was it. I ended up having to hire an independent LC who cost $200 and came to my house help me and fixed the latch issue, did a weighted feed etc. so if you're planning to breastfeed basically don't count on getting a lot of support there but everything else was great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"