September 2013 Moms

TTT!

Re: TTT!

• 1. We all survived my 2 year old neice staying with us for 5 nights. It went over as smoothly as it could and she was so good when getting her down for naps and bedtime. It was a huge relief.

2. LO is happy to have her toys back to herself and to have gained a new playroom since we cleared out our computer room for my neice to stay in while she was here. I'm excited to decorate the playroom after the holidays.

3. DH's grandmother is still not doing well. She spent 3 nights in the hospital on an IV because she is severely dehydrated and malnutrioned becasue she wont eat or drink for some reason. She was released from the hospital yesterday and now it's just a wait and see what happens type of thing. Everyday is hard because you just never know whats going to happen.

4. Relating to #3 we dont really have any set plans for Christmas yet, I think we will have to just figure out what we are doing the day of. I'm somewhat bummed but I understand.

5. I was supposed to babysit Monday-Wednesday of this week but they cancelled on me last mintue for yesterday and today. I'm kind of glad since I needed a break after the crazy last week we've had.

6. LO has been hitting herself in the head a lot lately. Im not sure if its because she has a tooth cutting or just because she's frustrated at something. Why don't kids come with an owners manual??

7. DH mentioned that maybe we should be one and done after my neice stayed with us. He saw how tough it was with 2 and all the other added stress with his overtime at work and grandmothers poor health that made it very stressful. I didn't say anything to him but I am also starting to debate whether I can handle another child after the last week. This makes me sad because I really want to have another one.

8. I desperately need to do some shopping and get a couple new shirts and maybe a new pair of pants for myself. I just dont have the time nor the patience, ever.

9. DH is always talking about making a huge change and moving to Hawaii to experience the island life while we are still young. Part of me thinks he's crazy and it will never happen but I bet I'd be a blast for a short while! I'd miss my family too much to stay a long time.

10. It appears we wont be having a white Christmas this year. Get it together NY, it snows the rest of winter but it wont snow for Christmas or at least keep the snow on ground from melting (like its supposed to do).
  • @lilqt3929 I think that having 2 of your own children is a lot different! You have time to get used to it before you are thrust into life with 2 toddlers.  At least that's what I'm telling myself. ;) 

1.  I can't wait for Christmas!! DH, DD and I are having our own little Christmas morning tomorrow before we head out of town to spend the rest of the week with family.  I can't wait to see DD and DH open their gifts! 
    2.  I was up late making a bunch of "reinbeer" for DH's office.  
    3.  I bought some maternity leggings yesterday for the gym. My normal ones were starting to roll down as I ran.  Oh, so comfy!
    4. We left DD with my mom for the whole weekend and she (and I!!) did so well! I was so happy to see her on Sunday though.
    5.  2 weeks from today we have our ultrasound and we'll hopefully find out if DD gets a little sister or brother!
    6.  While our friend's got a massage at the hotel this weekend, we took their 2 month old for an hour! It was their first time leaving her and I felt so honoured that they trusted us first. :)  
    7. I've had acquaintances ask when I'm due. I'm showing but not THAT much. In their defence, they are other people at the gym so they realize that I'm still working out daily and obviously lack of activity isn't what's causing the belly.. lol.  
    8. That said, I'm a total slacker compared to a few weeks ago.  
    9. I'm craving Korean BBQ, but the authentic stuff that I've only ever tasted in Seoul.  I don't think DH will be able to rush out for that late night craving.  
    10. DD starting blowing kisses and roaring when I ask her what a dinosaur says. I melt.  These tiny humans are so awesome.  

Merry Christmas ladies!!! :)  Hope you all enjoy the next few days with family and the fun of toddlers! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think we are all super exited for Christmas!

1. It's been storming since the middle of the night an no plans of stopping until Christmas. It sounds amazing on our tin roof:)

2. We are letting DD open one gift tomorrow night. (Pajamas and the night before Christmas book)

3. DD always wants to be held && cuddled when she wakes up. Which is cute but sucks if I'm doing something. Because all she will do is cry.

4. MIL sent us two big boxes full of clothes and toys that will be here Friday and I'm so super excited. I wish they could be here before Christmas but oh well:)

5. Tonight DH and I are having an in house date night and watching Footloose because I've never watched it and it's one of his favorite movies.

6. We have started watching Once Upon a Time and we are both hooked. We binge watched all weekend pretty much.

7. I just found out that DH will be getting paid holiday pay for Christmas and New Year's Day. Even though Thursdays are his days off and even if his job was open, he wouldn't be there. So that's cool.

8. DD wants me to read to her all. the. time. Like every ten minutes she brings me a book. And when it's over, she wants me to reread it. Over and over again.

9. This kind of makes me second guess buying 22 new books for Christmas.

10. I didn't take anything out for dinner. Sooooo we shall have spaghetti. Again. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"