December 2013 Moms

who is walking - who is not?

My husband is worried that our LO isnt walking yet. She stands on her own but as soon as she is ready to move she sits and crawls to whereever it is. And she will walk along the couch and stuff like that. I tell him it is totally normal but just curious to see where everyone else is at on the issue....

Re: who is walking - who is not?

• My guy is doing the same! Just last night he did a slide walk move and stepped independently for like 2 steps from couch to table. He is 1 year and 2 weeks. Tell your husband not to worry! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Julia will be 1 on NYE and isn't walking yet.  She cruises along the furniture and will walk while pushing her lion walker (always on her tiptoes).  She can't stand unsupported for more than 2 seconds either.  DH's side of the family seems to think there is something wrong with her because the other 2 grandchildren walked very early and we get comments from them every time we're around them.  Most babies on my side of the family start walking @ 14 months so I'm not concerned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO hasn't even perfected standing without holding on to something. Babies reach milestones at different rates and I think it's too early to worry.

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Tucker isn't walking on his own. He will walk holding our hands, from couch to chair or pushing something. As soon as he let's go he's on his butt. He'll climb on shit all day but won't walk. He turned one on the 4th but I'm not worried. I probably won't til 14-15 months.
  • LO started walking around 10 months but a bunch of my friends kids didn't walk until closer to 13-14 months.  The range for "normal" is so vast at this point that I wouldn't be worried yet. 
  • Little man started walking at about 9 months, but it really does vary a lot from kid to kid. It all evens out in the long run though.
  • DS didn't walk until he was 14 months. LO turned one on the 8th and just started walking this week. My niece didn't walk until she was almost 18 months old. I wouldn't be concerned. Every baby is different.
  • My LO is walking/running however her 'bff' is not at 17 months.  It's all individual.  LO wants to get places FAST.  She's determined and needy and demanding.  Her 'bff' is quiet and super super smart and laid back.  She just doesn't have the same motivation to try to walk.  She's content sitting and studying and playing without moving.  LO has her heart set on absolutely destroying my house before 8am every morning.  To each their own.  

image Lilypie - (zGBv)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Not walking yet and my pedi thinks that's fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are not only not walking we are no where near walking. She is standing very well and even standing alone without holding anything but as far as trying to walk she is far to wobbly and unsteady. She wants to walk if that makes a difference but her body is not ready yet. I think it will be at least 2 more months before she walks. I might be wrong who knows. I am in no hurry for her to walk anyway in all honsety. 
  • Zombie walk!

• Not walking here yet either. She will cruise alllll day long and stand for a second but as soon as she realizes it down she goes to crawl. She's almost 13 mo
  • No walking here yet
  • Thanks everyone! Makes me feel a lot better. I love to share all the stories with my husband so he knows LO isnt the only one not walking yet! haha. We do have one of those sit and stand walker things for her but she is too interested in playing with the front of it more than trying to walk with it!
  • I have friends whose kids are not walking at almost 18 months....if the dr is not concered, I would no be either.

• She runs along the furniture, probably could walk but doesn't want to let go. Eh not worried, dd#1 was almost 16 months when she started walking. Only thing that sucks is LO is just under 30lbs and that us hard to carry after a while.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Starting to get a little jealous of the non-early walkers. Little man has started climbing all of a sudden, like, sitting on the floor to standing on the coffee table in the time it took me to tie my shoe.
  • I wouldn't worry. Like PPs have said, there's a wide range of normal. My LO is 1 year & 3 weeks old & she just took her first steps on her own 2 days ago. But she's by no means full on walking yet. Like you described though, she had been cruising around the furniture for awhile now. I think up to 18 months is still within the normal range.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"