Adoption
Options

Meeting with EM Tomorrow!!!

I got a call today that we were picked by an EM who is due in early January! (AH)

She wants to meet tomorrow for lunch.  I want to make a good impression. SW suggested flowers and an album for now, so that is what we are going with.

Does anyone have any advice? Tips to help tomorrow go smoothly? Questions you wished you had asked or hadnt asked? 
Thanks soo much- my brain is just swirling and I can't think straight! 

Also- fun anecdote- when my social worker called me I was in line to check out at a craft store. I can honestly say, I think there are a bunch of crafters who think I am a CRAZY PERSON) Let's just hope I make a better impression tomorrow. LOL

"Even miracles take a little time"

Re: Meeting with EM Tomorrow!!!

• Options
    edited December 2014
     We are meeting with our SW in the morning to sign some papers and give them our cashiers checks. Then driving about an hour and a half to lunch where her SW and her mother will be there. No one has said boy or girl yet, so we are thinking it might be a surprise.

It is considered an official match, but in our state she has 30 days after the birth to change her mind. So it's safe to say we are cautiously optimistic.

I forgot to add- thanks that is great advice! I think I will let her take the lead and ask easy questions to begin with. Thanks again!

• Options
    That's so exciting! Good luck!
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is so exciting! I have zero advice, but I'm sending you all the good vibes!
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow.
  • Options
    Congrats! All these Jan babies! Pinkie's advice is solid. I'd follow her lead to start and let her ask any questions she has. Be prepared to talk about family life, life and parenting views, and children plans. I think it's also a great idea to ask her about how she's feeling, baby movement, pregnancy stories, etc. Being an EMom can be lonely because you can't experience pregnancy happiness like anyone else and it feels good to be able to gush with someone every bit as excited as you are. Good luck!
    Birthmom to A, 1/8- the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao-Tzu

• Options
    That is one big xmas present! Congrats!!!!
  • Options
    Thank you so much everyone!
    This is one big Christmas present! (And DH's birthday is tomorrow!) Busy and Exciting Week!

• Options
    This is such exciting news!! I am so happy for you!!! 
    January 2014--Picked Agency, had informational Meeting and turned in Application
    June      2014--Started our Home Study (all paperwork &fingerprinting that ensued)
    August  2014--Finished our Home Study and Officially Waiting

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options
    Please let us know how the meeting goes!!! Sending lots of positive energy your way!!!
  • Options
    That is such great news!!! Merry Christmas to your family and Happy Birthday to your husband. I will be sending good energy your way too and good luck!
  • Options
    Oh that is such exciting news! I really hope everything went great today! Please keep us updated.

************Siggy warning, LO & loss***************

Me 37 - DH 37 unexplained infertility
    DS born 09/99
    TTC since 2010
    12/11 BFP - ectopic, received methotrexate, benched 4 months 
    08/14 - exploring fertility options

Tubes clear, SA for DH all clear
    10/14- #1 IUI (femera/ovadril/progesterone), 2 follicles 22/17, post wash count 94 million BFN

10/14 - #2 IUI (Femera/ovidrel/progesterone ), 2 follies 19/20, post wash 111 million, BFN Dec 2014 Femera BFFN Taking a break to explore foster to adopt!

• Options
    In so glad that things went so well. Congratulations!
  • Options
    I'm so excited for you!!!
  • Options
    So exciting!!! Congratulations!! Keep us posted on your wonderful news :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"