July 2015 Moms

For Fun!!! Worst Christmas Present Ever

What is the worst Christmas present you have ever received? You do not have to tell us who gave it to you, but please do if it adds to the humor!
BabyName Ticker

Re: For Fun!!! Worst Christmas Present Ever

• Loading the player...
  • @babymamabeth‌ that is so funny! What a great use for that bracelet!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ex-SO's mother gave me toilet bowl cleaner and a multi pack of small towels with some missing (like the pack said 6 but there was only 4). Wft?!? She was bizarre, I laughed until I cried about it later.

Was that supposed to be a hint? Like ok. Here's the cleaner and you actually have to open the pack and use them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • These all made me chuckle!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last year I got TP from a cousin....that's it. It had a cute saying so everyone got a good laugh, and it was a gift that got used (ha!) but at the time I was annoyed.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • steen9713 said:
    We had secret Santa at our office today and it was a $25 spending limit. And someone gave a fruit cake, while everyone else passed out GC or more personalized gifts... Really a fruit cake.. No excuse .. this person is not broke! I felt bad for the person who received the gift.
    No one even likes fruit cake!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Fireflies_titleimage
  • Oh one year my parents gave me car keys and a auto clicker in a box I thought they had bought me a new car... ( which I really needed) Nope.. They were going to have the auto clicker for my car at the time repaired. I was pretty bummed. And they never did fix the auto clicker :/
  • steen9713 said:
    We had secret Santa at our office today and it was a $25 spending limit. And someone gave a fruit cake, while everyone else passed out GC or more personalized gifts... Really a fruit cake.. No excuse .. this person is not broke! I felt bad for the person who received the gift.
    No one even likes fruit cake!!
    We bought one as a white elephant gift one year and then everyone tried it. Gross!!!!
    BabyName Ticker
  • caymarks said:

Ex-SO's mother gave me toilet bowl cleaner and a multi pack of small towels with some missing (like the pack said 6 but there was only 4). Wft?!? She was bizarre, I laughed until I cried about it later.

Was that supposed to be a hint? Like ok. Here's the cleaner and you actually have to open the pack and use them.
    I have no idea...I think she was trying to give practical/useful gifts in her own "special" way. My house was clean and I bathed regularly utilizing towels when I was done, lol. I guess I will never know.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • caymarks said:

Ex-SO's mother gave me toilet bowl cleaner and a multi pack of small towels with some missing (like the pack said 6 but there was only 4). Wft?!? She was bizarre, I laughed until I cried about it later.

I have no idea...I think she was trying to give practical/useful gifts in her own "special" way. My house was clean and I bathed regularly utilizing towels when I was done, lol. I guess I will never know.
    I hope you know I was teasing :) My mom is a practical gift giver too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My mom bought all the grand kids lots of toys this year but she bought them all socks too. My nephew opened his and said "Socks? Socks? You really got me socks?" It was funny! And not nearly as rude as it sounds. He had an inquisitive smirk on his face.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • These are hilarious.

image  image image

• My aunt is a regifter and is kind of cheap when it comes to gifts lol, she's a Vice President of a company so she isn't hurting for money. I'm grateful either way. One year she got me a pen from an airport, a baby moon mirror that is seriously for a babies nursery and I was 16 (she gave the same gift to my sister for her 14th birthday) another year she gave me a scarf, snow hat, and mittens for my birthday in the summer and I was 15 and the size was for a 5 year old kid lol.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • One year from the little Secret Santa store at school I bought my mom a ceramic chicken vase with hideous fake flowers in it.  It was so ugly.   My mom displayed it for the longest time too to spare my feelings and then once I got how dumb it was she still displayed it to mock me.
    Your mom and my mom have a similar style.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Last year my Dad gave me a hat with a penguin head and these long arm things that went down over my ears and ended with penguin fin gloves for hands. I was 25. About 2 years ago, my grandfather and his wife gave everyone in the family a butter dish. And they told everyone excitedly "it holds 2 sticks!" It's been a family joke ever since. But, they completely forgot me anyway so I didn't get one or a card :( not that I actually wanted a butter dish.
  • DH's grandmother gave really great gifts when he was young. A new Patriots jersey or some other great piece of sports memorabilia, etc. 2 years ago, she gave DH a windchime and me a very country looking fake sleigh door hanger thing. Last year she didn't give us anything (we split holidays and it was our year to spend Christmas with my fam, so I think she forgot, though she had a gift for DD). Better than my SIL who got a windchime two years in a row...
  • orange cat porcelain salt and pepper shakers (with red scarves!)

I'm not a collectible and cutesy type of person... it was from SIL. They had gone to PARIS and that's what she brought me for Christmas.  

They are currently with the toys. :-/
    <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • When I was 11, my father sent me a maternity shirt. I'm hoping he didn't realize what it was.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • God knows I love DH, but he is a terrible gift giver! One year he was SO excited about giving me an iPod Touch. Which would have been an awesome present if I didn't already own an IPhone 4...doh!
    First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • At our Friendsgivig we usually have a white elephant or Yankee Swap. This year my H was trying to get rid of crap so he put Spam, a 40, and some cheap electronic beer thing I gave him one year as a gag gift in a gift bag. Guess what? We ended up with our gift bag because only a few people participated. It was so lame!

Two years ago we went down to PA and visited my extended family. Again we have a Yankee Swap and my cousin ended up with a candle that smelled like bacon.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

http://media.giphy.com/media/itcEfP0RuRfQk/giphy.gif
    July '15 January Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Fun

• One year my ex so's aunt gave me, my so, his brother, and their cousin, each our very own car emergency kit. We were all in our 20's, but she wanted us each to have one in our trunks in case of emergency. It was a nice thought, but for Christmas??
    Married 3.10.13
    Finally pregnant after 20 months of trying, and 3 doses of Clomid!
    10 year old step son who is excited to be a big brother!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • My DH is THE KING of horrible gift giving. I always give him a wishlist, and he usually strays from it saying "There's no fun if you're not surprised." Last year I think he learned his lesson, though. I can't post the pic, but it is so incredibly priceless. He gave me a wand scanner. He shopped on Christmas Eve, so apparently that was his genius idea. Anyway, in the pic I've just opened it and I'm looking at the box like, "What the hell is this?" and DH is sitting next to me looking at me with puppy dog eyes apologetically. My daughter took the pic at JUST the right moment. I'll never let him live it down. I also got a money jar that counted coins last year.

I've gotten tool sets, a seal-a-meal, and countless other strange gifts as well. Gift-giving (off the list of suggestions) just isn't his love language.
    Mama to two crazy kiddos
    J -- 9/04
    L -- 11/10
    E -- 7/15

• A tomato scented candle. ???? The creator of that should be fired.

imagePregnancy Ticker

• Silicone muffin pan...from my now husband the first year we were dating. I was like thaaannnkkss...to add to the horror, I had gone crazy and bought him boots, electric razor, and a bunch of DVDS. Needless to say he had some work to do for Valentine's Day LOL!
  • My maternal grandmother whom I have never met tried to mend things with my mother one year and sent us all Christmas gifts. She sent me a latch hook of a horse that was not even completed. So random!
  • Before I was married to my husband, I was ALWAYS over at his house with all of his family members. One Christmas, I was spending it with his family. I was no stranger. I was always with them. One of his family members gives me a regular white letter envelope with dollar tree Chapstick shoved in it. I did everything I could to not look totally weirded out and say thank you! All the while they are giving out giant gifts And money to everyone around me. At least my hubs had it going on because he gave me my engagement ring :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My ex gave me dried soup ingredients one year...the kind in mason jars with fabric over the lids that they sell in flea markets. God I hated him at Christmas.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"