LGBT Parenting

Parenting Check-In (12/22)

Good Morning Everyone!

Congratulations to @doodah1013 & @firstcomeslove2013 on welcoming Hayden into the world this past weekend.  Sending your family lots of love!

How was everyone's weekend?  Any new milestones, challenges or successes?

Any ideas for QOTD that you'd love to see me (or someone else) ask on this thread in the future?

Please let us know your kid(s) age as well.

QOTD:  Any special plans over the coming week?

PIPs always welcome!! :-)

Parenting Check In Roster

Parenting Roster:

(Please let me know if you would like to be added)

@2brides – G & C born 5/18/06, other Mom is L

@Themommymonster – C (DS) born 2/18/09

@Mystjava – Little Bear (LB) born 3/31/10, other Mummum is Shawn

@winstan1 – J (DS) born 9/10 (currently 3.5 years old)

@Trisholio and @trisholiosboi – Proud foster parents to M born 2/6/12 and K born 8/22/13; baby Adalyn born 8/29/14

@jazibel – Kaden born 7/13/12 and Owen born 5/2/14, other parent (Aya) is EV

@newmompeanut – N (DD) born 2/12/13, other Momma is B

@CageyMack – W born 3/16/13

@JGY – Gabe born 3/24/13, other Mama is S.

@Stringy813 – M born May 2013

@Clairmeij – Alarico born 6/28/13, other mama is V

@Wallace323 – J and L born 8/8/13, surviving triplets born at 31 weeks

@Jrtmom – Henry born 8/15/13, other mama is L

@ATXmommas – Sebastian (“Ash”) born 11/21/13, other Momma is Z

@mwagner25 – Oliver born 11/27/13, other parent is L

@herbabymama‌ – C (DD) born 12/10/13, other Mama is K

@Sarahtrpt – C born February 2014

@AmandaG47 – Twin girls born 2/22/14, other Mommy is J

@Mamosey‌ & @Karlamo‌ – R born 2/25/14

@shameless370087‌ - Anthony and Sati, born 3/9/2014, Other mom is S

@Filmfanatic82 – Charley born 3/15/14

@2momsinCA‌ - B & O born 5/27/14

@KH826 – Will born 6/4/14

@redrockmama – M born 6/19/14, other Mama is J

@ball.and.chain – B born 6/28/14

@Flygirl1228 – Twins 7/25/14

@KLeigh1‌ - S born 7/25/14

@shelly2314 - Elise and Olivia, born 8/19/14, wife is M

@2MamazInSeattle‌ - S born 8/21/14

@rkbo‌ - Amelia born 9/22/14

@pauljl - Callie born 11/5/14

@doodah1013 & @firstcomeslove2013 – Hayden born 12/20/2014

Re: Parenting Check-In (12/22)

• Crashing the party to say: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK for @2mamazinseattle

I've been out of the loop and didn't know this was in the works:

"Last, this is more TTC news, but we are full steam ahead for a #2!!! J is on board now (to the point of already having his or her name selected...yikes! from zero to a hundred, that one)... We are looking at later spring. Financially it would be best to keep it in the calendar year (originally our attempt would have yielded a January baby... way smarter to have a december baby for deductible reasons, though sucky to have a bday near Xmas...oh well, sorry kid!). So I'm oddly excited about it, but of course who knows if it'll work. "
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @2Mamazinseattle - Simone is so cute!  Congrats on TTC #2!!  I was thinking of starting a pre-TTC thread on occasion - any interest to those in that "category"?

Kaden is 2.5 and Owen is 7 months old

We had a great weekend and a really lovely two weeks with EV home with us. She's back at work today and I've already sent photos and a video of Kaden painting so she won't miss us too much.

Our weekend started off with bringing in a cleaning company (we had a Groupon).  We left on Friday to run errands to to pick up dishes from a last minute corporate lunch in SF for our catering business.  When we finally got back to the house that night everything was sparkling clean. Kaden and Owen have been so patient with me as I learn to juggle being a full-time parent and getting our business off the ground.  It involves me dragging them on errands and grocery shopping, or taking calls and typing away on the computer way more than before - but I am trying to balance it with lots of time for connection and play.  

Developmentally Owen is pushing up onto his hands and feet in a downward dog motion. He's also pulling himself up onto things into a kneeling position and occasionally standing (if it's against my body for instance).  I can tell he really wants to stand up.  Eeeek!!!

I know I write this every week but Kaden is starting to talk more and more in sentences and mini-paragraphs.  We continue to try to a hone his communication skills as it seems to be the solution to some of his frustrating "terrible two" behavior.  I read developmentally that at this age kids are also developing their memory and ability to infer relationships. We're really seeing that as well in ways that often surprise us. He's so cute and this age is super fun, despite being bumpy. 

Owen crawls all over and gets into everything.  He's very deliberate and loves exploring things. It's interesting to see that toys/things catch his interest that Kaden completely ignored.  I wore Kaden a lot, but not quite as much as I wear Owen, and Owen still loves it.  We're still working on sleep. I think I was up 3-4x last night (1x for Kaden).  EV is great at putting Owen back down and has found that rocking and singing gets him to be drowsy enough for sleep in his crib. I've been trying it after nursing and it's helping. I hope to start cutting out his middle of the night feedings soon.

QOTD: We went a little overboard on our Xmas presents. Probably not compared to many folks - but at least compared to us. We wrapped K & O's gifts last night and hid them in EV's closet. 
     We dropped off food and gifts for our in-laws yesterday and my brother-in-law checked in about how they are struggling as new parents. Their LO is a month old and is not yet back to his birth weight of 7lbs 12oz.  They finally started supplementing with formula, and he's a bit happier. We asked what they needed for support, and someone to help clean and do laundry was the answer. So on 12/24 I'll head over there and meet EV to hand over the boys and see how much I can get done.
    Our little family has a tradition of hot cocoa and opening presents on Christmas morning, so it'll probably be very mellow until Kaden discovers his "big boy bike".  If the weather is sunny we may head out to the beach or to a friends open house.

• It was a good weekend - busy - and the kids (and L) were getting over a cold, but we had fun family time, I got some nice alone time (even though I was running errands), and L and I even had a date. :)   I can't believe that Christmas is in 3 days. Oof.  I was going to run by Target on my way home to get a gift that I cannot.find.where.I put.it - but L is now home sick and I need to get the kids from school.

QOTD: I am working every day but Christmas. The kids are actually in school today/tomorrow (the other days this week, they will be home with L.) We do church, dinner, and then Santa on Christmas Eve (leave cookies, write a letter, etc.) Then we not so patiently wait for them to go to sleep so we can fill stockings/put out Santa gifts. Christmas we open gifts slowly throughout the day to let the kids play as they open. We munch on food, I drink mimosas, we'll watch a DVD that we got the kids, and generally have a lazy day at home.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Ash is 13 months old as of yesterday. :)

Some stats - he's probably still hovering between 21 and 22lbs.  We just recently made the switch to size 4 diapers that have a lower weight suggestion of 22lbs.  They fit just fine, but I imagine we will be in them for a while.  He's wearing 12m pants, though they are still large in the waist, and 18m tops, which are a little big, but the 12m are too small.  He's wearing mostly 18m pajamas, even though the pants are all too big/long.  We've been stalled out at 6 teeth (4 on top, 2 on bottom) for a long time now.  Sleep is the same as ever.

I've reported recently that Ash all of a sudden became a picky eater, but that seems to have subsided and he's eaten more variety over the last few days.  He still loves him a hummus sandwich, but I'm managing to get more veggies into him lately.  We ditched the bottles about a month ago, and only offer milk in a sippy cup with lunch (he's still nursing morning/night) and water in a straw cup throughout the day.

Things he hates - diaper changes, putting clothes on, washing his hair (mostly he just hates water being poured over his head).  Things he loves - hugging Bama, finding and chewing on all the wires, digging around one of the bottom cabinets and pulling out tupperware and colanders, playing variations of peek-a-boo (I love this one too - he giggles so much and he has such a hearty laugh!).

Ash is "talking" a ton, but still no identifiable words.  I'm probably stressing out about this more than I should.

QOTW: I'm working tomorrow, but am off until 1/5 after that!  I'm keeping him home with me on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to playing Santa with Z after he goes to bed on Xmas Eve!  I know it's a little ridiculous since he doesn't get it and won't remember it, but I'm still excited.  We have his toddler table/chairs to put together and his stocking to fill.  Fun, fun, fun!  We have to head to the airport early Friday morning to fly to MS to visit my family.  Hoping for a good, relaxing, drama-free (and tear free) family visit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ATXmommasATXmommas member
    edited December 2014
    @jazibel - I feel like I'm in the pre-TTC camp too!  I'm planning in my head, but not actively doing anything yet.  Will probably get the ball rolling with RE appts around March with plans to do IUI no earlier than May.

@2MamazinSeattle - yay for a plan to TTC #2!  Gosh, after having one baby, kudos to all of you parents who feel they can handle 2 under 2!  Also, did I miss something?  Why does S have to have Nutrimagen?  If we had ended up needing to supplement with formula, our pediatrician recommended Nutrimagen due to his dairy intolerance, but I don't recall you mentioning it before.
  • I've been out of the loop for so long! Its so exciting reading of all the planning going on! I can't wait to watch the board's families grow!

Alarico is a skinny little rumbunctious boy. He's going for his 18 month check up next week, but at his 15 month check up he was 68th percentile for height and just under 5th percentile for weight. He's a really happy boy, very confident and goofy, until he's around lots of people. He reminds me a lot of me as a child, all my school report cards described me as softly spoken. He says about 30 words, makes many animal sounds and can tell you what the animals are. He can point out most body parts, in fact the biggest compliment ever is for him to show you his belly button. He's so proud of that thing!! He's walking, climbing, running.....all.the.time. He's gone through quite a long seperation anxiety phase, but that seems to be fading, thank goodness. He loves to dance and 'sing'.. His singing is hilarious, really just croaking and rocking....but so so cute because he gets very serious about it.
    I'm very excited for christmas!! Were having a really low key one, but there will be lots of cooking together and game playing. Can't wait!!
    Sleep is a challenge. We set the precedent of him climbing into our beef when he wakes up, mostly because it is easier to bring him in with us and have him fall straight back asleep than to put him to sleep in his crib. I'm living to regret this. Any tips welcome!
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• @ATXmommas‌ S had horrible gas between 3-6weeks ... I didn't realize this was common, so I thought it must be an allergy to the formula and went for the big guns with Nutramigan. Of course, even my pedi said it's overboard and to switch her to regular formula. I just can't do it though! I fear that horrible gas pain she was in. Though, at the rate she's going, I may be inspired to try the regular stuff for $ purposes. It's a fortune. Oddly, it is still milk based, but essentially pre-digested so functions well for most allergies.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Oh and p.s., I barely believe I can handle 2 under 2, but at my age I don't feel I have a choice!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• @2MamazInSeattle‌ - a lot of changes can happen with these babies while they are itty bitty, so hopefully you can transition S back to regular formula with no problems soon. And, I hear you about baby #2. I'm not sure I can handle 2 under 3, but don't feel like I have too much time to waste. Plus, it will be pretty great to have kids close in age. And many people have survived before us! Including my parents who had my brother and sister 16 months apart, then me 20 months after my sister.
  • @2MamazinSeattle, how exciting!!!   Don't worry, mamosey and I are going first in the 2U2 dept so we'll take you under our wing when the time comes.  While the thought of another baby is intimadating, we feel so blessed to not be struggling with IF again  :x
  • B is almost 6m old!

He is doing great. I love this age. Finally over all his colds and viruses and pretty much a happy, easy-going kid as long as he isn't hungry or sleepy. We had a nice weekend. On Saturday S and B and I ran errands, made jam for our daycare gifts and had my sisters over for holiday cookie baking and dinner. We also finished decorating the house and tree, wrapped a bunch of presents (we are done with wrapping!), and placed a last-minute Amazon Prime order. On Sunday B napped in his crib like a champ and I got a ton of stuff done around the house, and we had a lot of fun playing and snuggling when he was awake. I love this age!

I am lucky that my job offers 12 free days of back-up daycare per year. It's a great benefit but the downside is you're sending your kid to a place with which neither of you are familiar. B is at back-up daycare today and I was a little nervous, but it seems like a good place. They sent me an email mid-morning saying that he was doing great, with a picture attached. The nice part of it (besides being free) is that it's across the street from my office, and it's kind of nice knowing he's nearby (his normal daycare is near our house, which takes me an hour or so to get to depending on my bus schedule). And because our office is really quiet this week, I am going to go pick him up early and bring him back to visit with my co-workers. They haven't seen him since he was 2 months old and are eager to get some baby time today.

Our little boy will be 6 months old on Sunday! I can't believe it. I think we're going to try some purees out on Christmas Eve or Christmas -- probably applesauce that I made earlier and froze, since the one taste of an apple he got a few weeks ago seemed to be a big hit. My wife and I are both off work tomorrow, so we are going to go get his picture taken with Santa and then relax -- we are done with Christmas prep, our house is relatively clean and we don't have to cook much of anything this year because we played the baby card. So excited about his first Christmas!

I haven't weighed him lately because I'm afraid to weigh myself. :) His 6m pedi appointment is the first week in January, so I'm eager to see how much he's grown. Still no teeth (fine by me) but starting to get some hair. Getting more and more mobile and grabby by the day.

You 2U2 people are brave. I can't imagine!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• I have been such a bad member and for that I am sorry! By the time I finally figured out how to get a schedule going and free time scheduled between dealing with the twins, it was time for me to go back to work.

How was everyone's weekend?  Any new milestones, challenges or successes? I have been gone for a bit online so the girls have gotten so big. They just had their 4 month appointment. I am pretty sure it was as rough on me as it was on them. We are currently struggling with nap time. Elise naps beautifully in the crib, but Olivia only naps sometimes and rarely in the crib. I know we have probably created that situation and now it is hard to break

Please let us know your kid(s) age as well. I have two girls, they are 4 months old

QOTD:  Any special plans over the coming week?  We have plans for M and I to do xmas/Chanukkah tonight. Tomorrow we will go to my MILs for xmas eve dinner (steak and lobster) and gift exchange. Thrusday we will travel (2.5 hours) to have christmas day dinner with my family at my sister's house. Then we will stay with my mom (she lives close to my sister) for the weekend. It is a lot but will be a great time

I will try to be better at coming on here regularly. I miss you ladies!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• They are getting so big!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @winstan1‌ - love that pic! I'm sure he had a wonderful time!
  • @doodah1013 - your first parenting checkin! Yay!

@winstan1 - that wee man of yours is a beauty. Just sayin. :)

I have been trying to catch up and read everyone's updates from this week, but that is still a work in progress...

Here is the abridged version of my update... Will is 6.5 months old!

Will did awesome in the car to/from Boston. He is loving eating. We are still doing a combo of BLW and purées. So far in terms of whole/actual foods he has has banana, avocado and pears. For purées he has had green beans, carrots, and a few fruit blends. He actually seems to prefer veggies! Green beans and carrots are his favorite so far. He is currently teething like woah. We can see 3 top teeth about to break through. Some days (like yesterday) he is a total mess from teething and super clingy and fussy... Other days he just seems extra tired. It's been a cycle of teething tablets, freezer rings, Sophie ... Repeat! I seriously hope he wakes up with top teeth for Christmas! Poor bugger!

He is starting to be more aware when J or I leave the room. I see separation anxiety in our near future...

I mentioned in my TTT post that he has found the m sound and likes to babble "mamamamamama" all the time. Well now with acute teething, if you put him down he reaches back up to be picked back up and cries big boy crocodile tears while sobbing "mamamamamama" --- sooooo heartbreaking.

He loves to snuggle (I hope this lasts as he gets older)! Loves bath time. Favorite toys right now are Sophie, his toy piano, his stuffed Horton the elephant and any type of ball! He still loves "you are my sunshine" but a holiday favorite seems to be "hark the herald angels sing."

Tonight we are hosting Christmas Eve at our house. Tomorrow morning we will do Christmas just the three of us at home then head to J's parents house for 2 days of festivities. Merry merry! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"