Trying to Get Pregnant

Question For CM Checkers...

How quickly does the EW go away once you've ovulated?
Is it normal to still have a day of it after your temp spikes, or does it shut down immediately?
Thanks!

Re: Question For CM Checkers...

• Depends on the person. Some folks get clear or egg white -ish CM after O, some don't. Some folks dry up after O, some don't.

What's "normal" for some isn't "normal" for all.
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • Everyone is different. Most cycles my CM dries up instantly. I have had one or two where I had some the day after O as well.

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • Loading the player...
  • Basically your cervix is plugged with mucus for the majority of your cycle, preventing the entry of sperm (or pathogens or whatever) into the uterus. That plug dissolves and your cervix begins to open up at the beginning of the fertile window, and allows for the flow of cervical mucus. This is regulated by your production of estrogen, so when your estrogen drops off pretty abruptly your mucus plug should reform and the basic infertile pattern resumes.

Your basic infertile pattern may or may not be dry...whatever that happens to be for you is established through observation.

Consider when you're ttc sexual fluids can mask cervical mucus and prevent accurate assessment.

CM monitoring is consistent and follows pretty rigorous guidelines that I never see discussed here. For more info look into the billings ovulation method.
    Anniversary
    Me: 27 | DH: 30
    TTC #1 since 10/14
  • Wish I could help but I never experience EWCM :(
    Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Thank you wonderful ladies for the replies...
    @bracingourselves- that was especially helpful, I will look into Billings...
    @physiomeg1623- YES! This one's for you...
  • I get EWCM right before I O and usually I'll get it about a week or so after it.

Love: April 2012
    Married: November 23, 2013
    TTC #1 September 2014
    **BFP January 12th 2015  EDD September 22nd 2015**
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This last cycle mine was E a few days before and day of, but the day after it went to Creamy. I stopped checking after that.
    Me:  31  DH:  35
    Married:  7/3/2006
    DS:  3/3/2007  (emergency c-section) 
    MMC:  10/5/2010  D&C:  10/8/2010
    DD:  9/22/2011  (scheduled c-section)
  • How would you chart a day that is half eggwhite half sticky?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"