Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

NTTGPR- Christmas secrets/surprises?

I am rubbish at keeping good secrets.. but particularly when I know I have nailed the perfect prezzie.  So what gifts/things are  you overly excited with and trying desperately not to spill?

Also we just did our UK Christmas (we fly to the states on the 24th) and we bough my BIL CAH and he bought it for us too... one more reason I love my in-laws... they get me

Re: NTTGPR- Christmas secrets/surprises?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ah I'm good at keeping secrets :P I got H a nice new wallet in his stocking which he needs but won't be expecting. Nothing else really exciting for him but we do a white elephant with part of his family which is always great because we all have similar tastes - it's a $50 limit and the gifts are usually all alcohol, meats, or restaurant GCs. So I'm excited for that!
  • Options
    Every Christmas I get DH a tee shirt from a movie, TV show, comic book, or band that he likes. This year I got him a Jedi shirt and a Monty python shirt. Can't wait to give those to him! And I got my mom a DVD of a Hallmark movie she's always putting on her Netflix queue. She'll be so happy to have her own copy.
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• Options
    I can't keep anything a secret. I'm the worst!! Plus it doesn't make it better that DH is incredibly hard to shop for, so he already told me what to get him. My mom and sis are just like me so they already know what they're getting. Maybe one day I'll learn... but probably not.
    Me: 29 DH: 34 Married 9/8/12 Started TTC 10/01/12
    Dx: Hypothalamic amenorrhea by RE in 2/2013
          Provera + Ovidrel trigger = BFP #1 3/24/13
    DD born 11/12/13
    TTC #2 since 9/01/14
    Tamoxifen + Ovidrel trigger = CP (cycle 3)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess

TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

• Options
    Oh!  Facebook has almost ruined one of my secrets though!   My parents got H an outdoor game/fish cleaning table; you can hook your hose up to it, it's got a little sink and a trash hole, etc, and I was searching for it so I could let them know which one to get.  Well of course now ads for that type of table are aaaaalllll over facebook and any other sites he's been on so I'm hoping that he hasn't noticed!  Damn big brother watching lol. 

But I'm ridiculously excited for this gift - H is a big hunter and fisher and I'm so sick of having blood and guts splattered all over our kitchen.  Take that shit outside!!!
  • Options
    I'm really bad at keeping secrets. I've been telling DH for months that he needs new boots and that was what I was going to get him for Christmas. I was being totally honest and when I went to the store they didn't have the ones he likes and I don't have time to order them. So, I bought him another hunting ground blind and a deer camera. He really loves the one we got him this past year so I'm sure he will be excited about getting another.

Love: April 2012
    Married: November 23, 2013
    TTC #1 September 2014
    **BFP January 12th 2015  EDD September 22nd 2015**
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I scored front row tickets to see Jeff Dunham. My wife has no idea, not even an inkling. She's going to flip!
    OMG. I'm jealous!!! DH and I love him!!

Married 07/13/13

DH-25 & Me-21

Fur baby- Chevy (Jack Russell)

TTC #1 Sept '14

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails
    http://media.giphy.com/media/VSRYTP72WYNLq/giphy.gif

• Options

I'm pretty good at keeping secrets. I got DH a GoPro camera and I can't wait to see the look on his face. He has NO idea about it either. I'm pretty proud of myself, I'm not gonna lie.

Married 07/13/13

DH-25 & Me-21

Fur baby- Chevy (Jack Russell)

TTC #1 Sept '14

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails
    http://media.giphy.com/media/VSRYTP72WYNLq/giphy.gif

• Options
    My friend's husband is surprising her with a trip to Paris for Valentine's day (ridic I know) and I'm the only one who knows! It's killing me and I'm so scared to drunkenly spill the beans at some point.
  • Options
    I found a USNA Tervis tumbler for DH. It's impossible to find Navy stuff here so I'm pretty excited. DD really wants a toy horse and Santa will be bringing it for her :)

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Options

@spartanchick88 I bought my brother a US navy Tervis for Christmas last year and had t order it offline, I have never seen any of the military tumblers in stores.

Usually every year my mom, Grandma and I team up to buy DH a expensive gift that he has been wanting. This year I sort of accidentally screwed myself out of a Christmas gift because we ended up finding a sound bar at Best Buy that was a good deal and a lot less expensive than we originally thought we would be spending. And I had selflessly given up my Christmas money because I wanted to make sure DH got something he would really like. Even tho technically it is for our living room I could really care less abut a sound bar. Lol. TV sounds fine to me!

I am excited tho to give him the sound bar (even tho it is not even technically from me anymore) because after we bought it he discovered the one we bought fr him at Walmart and has been drooling over it. So I'd say we've done good!

So now I am stuck here a couple of days before Christmas and I still have some money that I need to spend to finish up DH's Christmas gifts! I am not looking forward to shopping tonight after work.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    @nuggetRN‌ that's why I am so excited! This place is a cool little local store that sells nifty gifts. I looked through the college tumblers and didn't find it, grabbed a MLB cup and then found this on the other side of the store because I was sans kid and wanted to wander. There was 1! It was meant to be :)

Edit - words

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Options
    Wine&CupcakesWine&Cupcakes member
    edited December 2014

DH got my present delivered. It's a 4-in-1 printer/copier/fax/scanner. It came in its own box. DH is awesome at secrets.

That being said, he had a fathead made of his fathers face, along with t-shirts of his dads picture that say "stay sassy!" It's going to be fucking hysterical. If you haven't caught on, the entire family messes with my FIL.

I must have accidentally hit quote.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Options
    I bought DH orchestra seats to see Rodney Carrington. He's going to be so freaking excited!! He's been wanting to see him live since before we met 11+ years ago. I'm kind of excited myself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH had this crazy colorful pair of NB sneakers that he loved. They are falling apart and of course they aren't made anymore. Every time we go shopping he checks out the sneakers to see if he sees anything he loves and no luck.

WELL. I was SO EXCITED to discover that NB has an option on their website to design your own sneakers! So after many different color combinations I finally nailed it and ordered him a pair. I am so unbelievably excited to give him his one-of-a-kind sneakers!

imageimageimage
  • Options

Oh!  Facebook has almost ruined one of my secrets though!   My parents got H an outdoor game/fish cleaning table; you can hook your hose up to it, it's got a little sink and a trash hole, etc, and I was searching for it so I could let them know which one to get.  Well of course now ads for that type of table are aaaaalllll over facebook and any other sites he's been on so I'm hoping that he hasn't noticed!  Damn big brother watching lol. 

But I'm ridiculously excited for this gift - H is a big hunter and fisher and I'm so sick of having blood and guts splattered all over our kitchen.  Take that shit outside!!!
    My brother would LOVE this and his birthday is in February. Link please?

imageimageimage
  • Options
    We've had some financial problems that we are finallying getting under control. So to limit spending we started a tradition of exchanging Coffee Mugs each christmas.
    I'm hoping we can keep the traditional going. It would be wonderful to see a cabinet full of sentimental mugs in ten years.
    Met 6/5/10, Married 11/11/11, TTC #1 -8/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"