April 2014 Moms
Options

Another post partum period post

i might call my doc on Monday about this but just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing...

At 7 weeks I was breastfeeding and started the mini pill- a week later I got my period. After that I didn't get a period unless I was off the pill for a week or so and then would get it the next week- I figured my cycles were wonky bc of breastfeeding. Well I stopped bfing almost two months ago and am on my second round of regular birth control pills and haven't gotten a period since September.

Is that weird? Anyone else that has stopped bfing have this happen? I took a preg test and it was negative so it's not that.

Before van my period was on time always. I know after babies it can change things up but this is just strange to never even get it or any spotting or anything! Not really complaining though.... Lol
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Another post partum period post

• Options
    Birth control can definitely give you wacky cycles. When I was on the birth control patch before getting pregnant with DD I missed periods from time to time. It's all triggered by a delicate balance of hormones, so I suppose it makes sense.

I didn't have the same experience with the mini-pill (which I was taking after DD was born). My period came back by the time she was 6 months or so. I was on the mini-pill and still BFing/pumping.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"