August 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone using same car seat?

Hello moms! I am a total lurker but am expecting on Aug 8th! I had my first child in May of 2012. His car seat and base were purchased brand new and it's still in excellent condition. I'm tempted to use it for this baby as well. I know car seats have expiration dates but if it's in great condition and has never been in a wreck, how could it be that much different? Anyone else thinking about doing the same?

Re: Anyone using same car seat?

• Options
    Wow, I didn't even think about that. Our is from 2009.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    uromysuromys member
    edited December 2014
    Like first poster said. They need to be within 5/6 years and clear of recall or wrecks. I'll be using DDs and it's been through my friends baby since. Her mom works for the safty design team at graco. If she's okay with it then so am I.

Edit: Words

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No reason you can't use it unless like PPs said its expired or been in a wreck. I'll deff be using DS's. It's basically brand new bc he only used it for 4 months before he outgrew the height limits.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to say the expire in 5 years. It should have a make date or expiration date on it, if not maybe you could look up the model number to find out. Either way it should still be good for the new baby.
  • Options
    I know DS's carrier seat isn't expired and was never wrecked, but I'd love to find a new cover. Anyone had experience with that? Is it a total PITA?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We bought ours in 2012. If it was manufactured in 2012 then we will be reusing it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Our Graco snug ride was manufactured at the end of 2010 and expires in 5 years, so it would expire like 2 months in. We let a friend use it this summer for their new baby so we wil just get a new one.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We purposely made sure ours was manufactured as close to when we were using it as possible.  It is from November 2012, so we will be reusing it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    We will be reusing. Our is from 2011 and has a 6 year expiration date. I wouldn't reuse it if it had expired.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    We bought ours in 2010 and it doesn't expire until 2016, so we're using it for the third time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"