Pregnant after a Loss

why Team Green in PgAL wouldn't work for me this time..

dragonfly1809dragonfly1809 member
edited December 2014 in Pregnant after a Loss
I've realised that I've found a great deal of peace with this pregnancy by making things for this baby using his name.
We've always been firmly Team Green, but this time I really needed to bond differently - I needed to separate this pregnancy (and little person) from Finn. I still suffer flashbacks and the blurring of time, it doesn't seem that long ago that I was this far along with Finn, or that I held him happily in my arms...

So I needed to know this time. By giving myself the time to register that we will have a new little boy, a different boy, getting used to saying his name, seeing his name, and making things using his name I feel like I can organize my feelings better. (Perhaps not my sentences..)

I feel more prepared to meet him. ...and hopefully not confuse him with his brother - who will always seem so close and so far away.

My latest addition to things I've made for Oliver is this crochet giraffe - with his name stitched on to the belly. :)

I know there are a few of us here struggling with identifying so strongly with our lost children that it confuses things with our special rainbows. Whether it's a bedroom or clothing or anything that once belonged to someone else - including our hearts.. This is just one way I've found to help heal and sort through the many emotions.

❤️

Re: why Team Green in PgAL wouldn't work for me this time..

• That is so adorable. You are very talented!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 10/5/13 MMC 11/13/13 D&C 11/15/13
    BFP #2 5/14/14 EDD 1/19/15 Beta 1: 728 Beta 2: 1858 We have a heartbeat! 166 @ 7w3d  Please be our RAINBOW!
    Baby G is a BOY!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thank you for sharing your feelings and your cute little creation.  The giraffe is as precious as the little boy who will love him.  While our loss stories are not similar, our feelings about knowing the sex most certainly are.  I had always wanted to be Team Green, but felt like knowing the sex of this little one would help me bond in a special way.  Big ((HUGS)) and best wishes for you as you approach the birth of little Oliver.
  • Loading the player...
  • Aww sweet. That will be our boy name too if this LO is a boy. It's a great name hehe. I get what you mean ab not wanting to be team green. Ppl ask me if I will find out the gender and I always answer "yes! As soon as they can tell me I want to know". We didn't know with our last. We named it Kelly because it's a gender neutral name. We both had dreams after that it was a girl so we refer to our lost LO as she. But really we don't know. I think just knowing the gender will help us in this pregnancy. Only 8 more weeks till we know!

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I agree with you :) love the giraff

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• I agree. I need to know everything, not only for peace of mind, but also to give the baby an identity. It helps me as well.

I love the giraffe!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Giraffe is adorable and you are talented! Hugs to you.
    BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• i love amigurumi...that giraffe is adorable.  and also, beautifully stated.  i didn't have a lot of time with my loss, but it still rings true.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • That makes perfect sense.  And your giraffe is absolutely adorable!

rainbowsSiggy picimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You are gifted! I'm amazed at your strength and love for both your babies. You are special woman to me....big hugs..
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • I love hearing your reasons for finding out the sex. My reasons for being team green are a little flip flopped! We are still up in the air about opening the envelope on Christmas morning. We would both loved to be surprised in May though. We felt like we were kind of robbed of our birth experience with DS - I was put under and DH wasn't allowed in because it was a crash csection. I'm 98% sure I'll have a repeat csection so having a little something extra to look forward to in the OR seems extra special.

@petrichor10‌ your story gives me chills! I think those were perfect words!
    imageimage
    Me: 29 DH:30 married 6/5/10
    DS: 10/12/12 via ECS (blood clot in umbilical cord)
    BFP 1/25/14 mc at 6 1/2 weeks  EDD: 10/4/14
    BFP 4/10/14 mc at 4 1/2 weeks  EDD: 12/15/14
    BFP 5/14/14 mc at 5 1/2 weeks  EDD: 1/20/15
    BFP 8/28/14 *please, please stick*  EDD: 5/10/15
  • Lalalady54Lalalady54 member
    edited December 2014
    That is simply the most darling giraffe in the world =)

Edit: my smiley went crazy
    BFP #1-- 8-25-12, DD Born 5-1-13 
    BFP #2-- 5-6-14, MMC 6-13-14, D&C 6-13-14
    BFP #3 -- 8-26-14, EDD 5-10-15 

• @EurydiceNymph‌ The pattern came from an Etsy shop called KornflakeStew :) It's really easy, using just a single crochet stitch throughout. I've made a dozen of these guys now for gifts.

@petrichor10‌ Your words make perfect sense. :) I love hearing stories of how others have carried on .. XO

@goldengirl84‌ I commend your Team Green status. In so many ways I wish I could have done it again. I really do love the surprise in the delivery room. I'm glad I found out this time - but if we ever do this again I'll be Green again. ;)

Thank you to all of you. All the kind words.. This is why I love this board. Big creepy group hug!!!
  • I totally understand. The giraffe is absolutely adorable!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hugs to you!!! You are such a strong mother and I totally understand. And the giraffe is the cutest thing I have ever seen... Oliver is going to LOVE it :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• adorable!!  You are a strong woman!

December 4                     image

Married-1/2012
    TTC-8/2013   BFP-4/18/14  EDD: 12/29/12 MC-5/17/14 @ 7w4d
    BFP #2-11/13/14  EDD: 7/26/14  Beta #1: 11/14/13 (135 progesterone: 19.5)   Beta #2" 11/17/14 (733 ) 
    Hoping for good news!

Everyone Welcome

• I love the giraffe. My mom crochets. I may have to buy her this pattern.
    DH diagnosed with testicular cancer 6/04/10
    Married DH 8/1/11
    7/21/13 SA poor morphology/ low count
    BFP #1 11/18/13, EDD 7/22/14 
    MC Blighted Ovum 12/4/13 @ 7wks
    BFP #2 8/21/14, EDD 5/1/15 

All Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You are so talented! That giraffe is adorable. I totally understand how you feel. I am having a difficult time with nailing down a name because I worry about getting myself attached and then something bad happening. Damn PGAL brain! 

BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11
    BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12   BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate) HSG 6/13-all clear BFP#4 11/18/13 natural m/c on 11/23  IVF #1 (Natural IVF Cycle) May 2014- Cycle failed (embryo did not make it to blast) BFP#5-7/26/14 GROW BABY GROW    IT'S A BOY DUE 4/5/15!

• Love the giraffe. =) we were always team green too but decided to find out this time but not tell anyone. I chose to do so because we lost our first too early to ever know and i will never know if that baby was a boy or a girl.
    -Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
    Me:30   Hubby:31
    TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    Metformin Started May 2013
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
    PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
    Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
    *I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

• What a sweet giraffe. Your words made me get ready eyed. You are such a strong woman.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

• Teary**
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

• That giraffe is perfection.  You're incredibly talented. 

I'm new to this board, but have been a part of TB for several years (with a different screen name) and just realized who you are.  We were on TTCAL at the same time in 2010.  I am so incredibly sorry for your loss of Finn and happy to see you're expecting again.  Wishing you a lifetime of happiness with little Oliver.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• @CheesyPeas‌ ..Now I'm so curious as to who you are :)
    Yes - I joined The Bump in 2010 after our first loss. (AmyRM) ...then was "babybemine" on the September 2013 board (forgot my log in for my previous account) ..
    Changed again this time because I couldn't bring myself to log in and see all of Finn's progress..or change it.

I will always love and respect all my 2010 TTCAL ladies immensely. That was such a great group.
    XO
  • My screen name used to be lindsey8301.  I had these two pics in my siggy if that helps.

imageimage

I didn't realize you had the babybemine screen name but definitely remember you from the AmyRM days and celebrated when I saw Finn's BFP on the old ticker tracker site.  I think maybe WickedSugar had said something a friend's loss after your loss of Finn that allowed me to put two and two together.  Hopefully that doesn't seem too stalkerish but I have always remembered you and rooted for you.  So I'm so very happy to see you are neaing the home stretch with your rainbow.  Your little guy has a really special guardian angel to watch over him and keep him safe.  I like to think of it that way at least.  I really believe that my angel, Layla, who was born still in July is watching over this little squirt I just found out about and is playing the protective older sister from afar.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• @CheesyPeas‌ Not stalkers at all! I do remember your screen name too!
    Wicked has been awesome at staying in touch and being there for me - a truly thoughtful and caring person.

I'm so sorry to hear of your still birth with Layla..
    There really are no words. :(

PgAL at any stage is difficult - and a different journey each time.

With Finn I felt that once he was born and in my arms I was home free. Infant loss was the last thing I thought about.
    This time late loss and infant loss consume me. It's only grown harder and more emotion filled as we go.

I'm so happy for you - to have this chance. ..and I agree, our little angels are special guardians of our rainbows.

I'll be stalking you!! Wishing you the best and a healthy take home baby!!
    :)
  • I love this giraffe! You should start an etsy shop so I can buy things from you :)

I think this is such incredible advice, and I've thought so since you posted photos of Oliver's nursery. Since then DH and I have come up with an almost certain name for our new little man, and it's already helped so much. Now we can call him by name, and start calling the nursery his room. I can tell it's already helping me make the shift in how I think about this new baby vs. his big brother.

Thank you for sharing!!
  • dragonfly1809dragonfly1809 member
    edited December 2014
    Oh @Mel&amp;John2013 I've thought of you often - and when I wrote this. I'm so happy you're finding ways to connect too. Congratulations on name your little guy! :)
    I still have my moments of calling the nursery Finn's room, but when I sit in there now and see all of Oliver's things it really feels like Oliver's room - and my imagination starts to soar with ideas of a fun little boy growing up in the room.
    There's a great deal of "I'll believe it when I see it" mixed in there..., but all these little things help.

I'm always thinking of you and wishing you and that little guy well.
  • Thank you @dragonfly1809!

Your story gave me the gumption to get going on the nursery, and to get baby Harrison's name up on the wall. And I agree, it helped! We didn't tell anyone Lincoln's name until after he was born, and didn't have anything personalized. Now I find myself looking for more things I can personalize for Harrison. Like the pillow idea I stole from you...it's already been ordered in the "anchors away" pattern :)

We still have a lot to do. The only things we've brought up from the basement are some paperwork and a box of lotions and other toiletries, no clothes yet. We wanted to start small. But we've started and I'm focusing on that.
  • I'm so glad you can process this way, and I love your giraffe! (((Hugs)))
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Beautiful! You are very creative and talented.
    BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"