January 2015 Moms

He's here!

I know I'm not super active on here, but here is yesterday's excitement. My water broke at home (while on the toilet no less!) called dr, they had me come in, checked me out and sent me to labor and delivery. I was 3cm. I progressed quickly to 10 and they didn't want me to get an epidural bc they were sure baby was going to be here soon.

Baby had other plans and wasn't totally descending. He was, but was taking his time. So I got the epi. Gave me time to rest. Fast forward a few hours and they are turning me from one side to the other side to try and get him out since he was in a weird position which gave me major back pain. Finally the dr offered to help get him out with forceps and we agreed. I was exhausted.

Ian James made his appearance at 6:26pm. Weighing almost 2lbs heavier than they estimated on tuesday. He is in the nicu but hopefully won't be there long. I saw him around 9pm and he was already breathing room air and is evidently very feisty.

I feel like I've been hit by a truck. This was a vbac for me as my dd was breech. I'm glad I didn't have surgery but that was the hardest thing I ever did.
BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: He's here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"