Parenting

Hurtful comments about my parenting

2»

Re: Hurtful comments about my parenting

• pepperedmothpepperedmoth member
    edited December 2014
    Reining us all back in, I'm just going to reiterate this:

Do you personally feel you spend enough time with your kid?
    Is your kid happy ? Is he well adjusted?
    Are you happy?

If the answers to these are all yes then you say "this is what works for our family "

Aaaaalso:

Prett

If we are sharing antedotes, my grandmother was a sahm who spent the majority of her Time with my mom and her siblings. She was also mean and spiteful woman. She also spent time at home alone without visitors before she died.
    My mom was a working mom who devoted every nonworking hour to her kids and only her kids. It was honestly suffocating, and continues to be suffocating now well into adulthood.
    Many of my friends group with nannies went to boarding school etc. and still have wonderful relationships with the parents today.

Antedotes mean shit.
    And I think I found my bump hill to die on

Yeah that too.

My mom's mom stayed at home and they had an awful relationship.

My mom worked and we have an amazing relationship.

It's all about the love involved, not about counting the minutes.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LOVE, PEOPLE! THE LOOOOOOOVVVVEEEE!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm doing too much damn mothering right now. I texted my mom to tell her she needs to come home.

• Loading the player...
  • As a child I cried myself to sleep most nights because I almost never saw my parents, they were too busy working. Mostly I still resent them for it but Ive come to terms with it. However I promised I would never do that to my child.

Is that the kind of validation you're looking for?
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• @bunkinmama since this thread is likely mud and op isn't coming back can it be deleted?

• As a child I cried myself to sleep most nights because I almost never saw my parents, they were too busy working. Mostly I still resent them for it but Ive come to terms with it. However I promised I would never do that to my child.

Is that the kind of validation you're looking for?

Wut
    Yeah this one hits a nerve with me. The only thing she's worried about is that other people may have a bad opinion of her. That's shitty to the max.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• pobrecita said:

@bunkinmama since this thread is likely mud and op isn't coming back can it be deleted?

oh ffs

@pobrecita what is the purpose of your comment? It's obvious the thread is hurting people. I am not hurt by it but others are.

• bri123abc said:

Hi everyone

I am looking for some advice please. I am a very career driven person and so is my husband. Our child is in school full time, has a full time live in nanny and spends many of his weekends with my parents, either at our house or theirs. He is well taken care of and I feel that we do spend quality time together when possible..for example if I have time off work we go on a family trip and do things together.

I have been called a bad mother several times, asked why I even had children etc. and that I shouldn't have any more.

Can I please have some insight as to why some people would say this, and how to respond? What do you all think?

I appreciate all the honest responses thank you so much 
    People are petty, annoying & nose fuckwits that's why. Your methods of child rearing are not inferior to other models. I'm a SAHM during the day & work in the evenings for a couple of hours.

You do what works for your kid. He is happy, healthy & knows you love him. He's set.

Would I choose these methods? No, but my needs & my family's needs are different that yours. That's ok.

You do you & have confidence. You are a great mother!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• pobrecita said:

@bunkinmama since this thread is likely mud and op isn't coming back can it be deleted?
    oh ffs
    @pobrecita what is the purpose of your comment? It's obvious the thread is hurting people. I am not hurt by it but others are.
    the prupose of my comment is to express how ridiculous I think it is to delete this thread
    ok

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"