January 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone awake this fine Saturday morning?

It's 5:11am here and I woke up over an hour ago due to a nightmare and some mild cramps and oddly some sharp painful ones(nothing new really on the cramps). Anyways I am going to assume BH contractions for now. Took a warm bath, meditated in there and yup cramps are still there with ones that are worse that come and go. "If" I am going into labor then my body needs to wait until after my son's birthday party at 2pm. Ok end of rant but seriously anyone have anyother suggestions for relief? And yes I am drinking water as we speak....

Re: Anyone awake this fine Saturday morning?

• Options
    I'm up :( insomnia and pain from DS getting cozy in my ribs. Sorry about the contractions. On mobile so can't see sig....how far along are you? BH are much different that actual contractions so if you feel more menstrual-like pain I would keep an eye on it. No amount of water/feet elevation/ or baths will stop it if it is truly labor!!

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I'm up too. DS decided 4am was a great time to get up today. Despite putting him back to bed twice he's still up.

Sorry about the contractions. Are they slowing down any with the water?
                Jan 15 January Siggy Challenge
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    SSCmommaSSCmomma member
    edited December 2014
    Yup since 4. MW wants me to get a second GD test today. I went for a 36 US to check fetal growth and the baby's abdomen was measuring over 40 weeks. It could be nothing or it could be an indication that GD developed late in pregnancy so they want to check to be sure. Also due to baby's estimated weight already being at 7lb.7oz. the midwife and dr. would like to see things start moving along. They don't want to have to induce at 40 so they want me to start doing things like using primrose oil, accupuncture, etc to get things moving. Don't get me wrong, I'm eager to meet baby but I just feel so unprepared and the thought of "getting things moving" is kinda freaking me out. I realize it is retarded early and no asked for this whole speech but its what is keeping me up so it just started pouring out. Anyway, hope you all are just getting an early start to a great day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm up.  DS1 is helping out DH today and set the first alarm for 2:30 in the fucking morning.  He's excited, but they didn't have to get up until now.

Hoping it's just BH and goes away for you!  Lay down and relax!
  • Options
    I've been up since 4:30. DH got up for work and wakes me up every time. I'm not looking forward to working in 3 hours.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Up at 5, full bladder and achy joints- which I think might be due to pulling myself up in hospital bed- working muscles that havent been used for a while. ...
    I hope you get through the bday party! Fxd for you :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Jellybean707 no the cramping keeps coming on and off I feel like I'm having a menstrual cycle with occassional pains like I'm being stabbed down there(I don't tollerate certain pains well) I had 2 of those stabbing pains earlier last night and before bed.
  • Options

I'm up :( insomnia and pain from DS getting cozy in my ribs. Sorry about the contractions. On mobile so can't see sig....how far along are you? BH are much different that actual contractions so if you feel more menstrual-like pain I would keep an eye on it. No amount of water/feet elevation/ or baths will stop it if it is truly labor!!

I will be 37 weeks tomorrow. Been on modified bedrest due to BP levels and such. Csection is schedule for the 29th of December because of BP readings but baby has been healthy.
  • Options
    I'm up cause it's 10pm in australia but also dealing with lower back pain and thigh pain, dunno what it means but it sucks haha
  • Options
    I'm up. DS woke up at 5 with a fever and is still awake. I don't know if this means we'll skip the family Christmas party today with the ILs - probably.

I don't know how to help with the cramps / contractions besides drink water, rest, and call your doctor if they are regular or very painful. I hope you feel better!
  • Options
    @Maebb Sorry to hear DS has a fever. Hopefully y'all can get some sleep eventually.
  • Options
    E woke up at 1 and 5 screaming so that was fun. I think I on and off slept 4 hours last night! It's going to be a LONG day!
  • Options
    I've been up over here as well. They woke us up for the pediatrician to clear baby to go home. Now breastfeeding and waiting for an OB to clear me (I had asked them to expedite my leaving so I can rest at home, hospitals make me anxious).

As someone who had painful contractions every night for 2+ weeks, I would walk, sit on birthing ball, and change your position frequently. It was my experience that until my body was truly ready, doing those things helped me cope and get through it

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Options
    I'm up too. I woke up at 2:00. Then the dogs and husband woke up and now we are all sitting around watching stalker.
  • Options
    I'm up here in California at 0445...seems to be my new normal wake up time I can never seem to go back to sleep! My brain just won't shut up with all the things I have to do :)
  • Options
    I woke up at about six... which is sad for a sat cause I don't work. Couldn't get back to sleep cause my kitt started moving around. Decided to be super nice to my man and walk our dog. Went back to bed and my man showed his appreciation ;) now I'm nauseous. .. lol about to eat french toast and get more cleaning done around the house and try to get the rest of my Christmas shopping done today. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"