May 2015 Moms
Options

New mommy.

I am a young mommy to be. Oliver will be my first baby that I bring into this world. I have done nothing but try to take care of myself during this pregnancy so that baby is healthy. Recently I just found out I'm having a boy. I also found out that he has a choroid plexus cyst growing on his brain.. My boyfriend and I are super worried.
We have done some research and have learned it can be normal but it can also be a very bad thing if it does not go away. Have any other moms been through this? How should I react to this? Should I be worried? My boyfriend and I talked
And we decided I should get a blood test. I got the blood test but I will not know for 2 weeks. I have cried over this because I just want my baby boy to be okay. Besides this cyst that is growing he is very very healthy.. If this has happened to someone please let me know how worried I should be. Because at this point I am stressed that baby Oli won't be okay. I'm scared..

Re: New mommy.

• Options
    I have no experience with this, I'm sorry. But I sincerely hope your little Oli is okay and you get good news back! I know it's hard but try not to stress too much. Sending thoughts and prayers your way! :x
        Me: 19
     Boyfriend: 20
    Love: 07/-8/14
    BFP: 09/16/14
    EDD: 05/31/15
    It's a BOY!

BabyFetus Ticker
    May 2015 January Siggy Challenge: "You had one job"
  • Options
    I also do not have any experience with this. However, I hope everything will be ok with you and your LO. T&P
    Pregnancy Ticker       
                                                BFP: September 1st, 2014
                                                   EDD: May 2nd, 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's the thought that counts. Thank you so much.
  • Options
    I'm a FTM too, so I have no experience or advice to give... I can relate to the anxiety, since we haven't had our anatomy scan (it's the 31st) and we don't know what's going on with baby yet. My only 'advice' would be to stay positive, don't let this cloud your happiness and excitement about your LO. You're in my thoughts and I'm sure your son will be beautiful and loved no matter what happens :)
  • Options
    I don't have any experience either. I just wanted to say I hope everything turns out well for your little guy. Thinking of you
  • Options
    Lol @Ryder0406‌ my A/S is the 31st as well. I first and only scan was back at 5wk5d so I'm hoping my LO is doing alright in there. I try not to overthink about extra limbs/health issues or anything that can go wrong. Staying positive until I know for sure! :-bd
        Me: 19
     Boyfriend: 20
    Love: 07/-8/14
    BFP: 09/16/14
    EDD: 05/31/15
    It's a BOY!

BabyFetus Ticker
    May 2015 January Siggy Challenge: "You had one job"
  • Options
    I'm a ftm so I don't have any experience to share. I just wanted to send your little growing family my thousand prayers.
    Baby Swanky Due May 29th, 2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    May '15 January Siggy Challenge.....You had one job...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am so sorry fx for your baby !
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Try and think happy thoughts. If he otherwise looks healthy then that is a great sign! BTW I love the name Oliver.
    Me: Becca 31
    DH: Mike 33
    TTC for 3yrs before our BFP in August. 
    Pregnant with #1

• Options
    I don't have any personal experience or advice, but I feel like there's someone on the board who just found out something similar so I'll keep this bump'd up in the hopes they see this.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that your appointment in two weeks gives you a healthy report!
    GBCB - Gone to the Dark Side
  • Options
    I hope everything turns out ok!!!
  • Options
    Everyone is so sweet. Thank you for all the love and support! My boyfriend is Inlove with the name Oliver, at first I didn't like it but it totally grew on me!
  • Options
    These cysts are very common and usually resolve on their own. My DD (a very healthy 17 month old) had 3 at her anatomy scan that were all gone within 4 weeks. This pregnancy, baby has one that my MFM said is practically gone already...given that Oliver ( love the name) doesn't have any other markers that would indicate a problem your chances for good news from your blood test (which did you take?) are probably good. Also, try as best you can to stop researching..it can make you crazy. And...hopefully it should make you feel better to know this is probably the fifth time I've written a response like this one..these damn markers keep popping up giving too many moms a scare...remember, most pregnancies result in healthy babies.
  • Options
    Thinking of you and Oliver. I hope it's nothing.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

• Options
    You and baby Oliver are in my thoughts. Try to stay positive, as the PP mentioned, it will most likely clear up on its own.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Me (34) PCOS

DH (36) Poor morphology and motility

TTC since 2011

2013 cycles 1, 2, and 3 on Clomid, all BFN

2013 cycles 4, and 5 IUI with Clomid, both BFN

DH and I took a break for several months

7/15/2014 started Acupuncture 

7/26/2014 start Follistim for IVF cycle, ER on 8/8, develop OHSS, ET almost cancelled

8/13/2014 ET proceeds on our wedding anniversary, transfer 2 5DB, 8/23 BFP

EDD 5/1/2015

• Options
    So sorry for the stress and worry you are experiencing. T&P for you and Oliver!
  • Options
    My baby has one of these too (in addition to a echogenic focus on the heart). My dr said that they clear up on their own 99% of the time, so not to worry. The only reason she is slightly concerned with mine is because of the other problem as well. Otherwise she said she sees them all the time and not to be too worried. Fingers crossed for you!
    Married: 10/10/10
    BFP#1: 3/22/14~ Blighted ovum, D&C 5/1/14
    BFP#2: 8/23/14 ~ EDD: 5/3/15

• Options
    My son had two choroid plexus cysts on his brain when we went for the anatomy scan. We were freaking out. We went for a level two ultrasound about a week and half later (torture waiting that long) and the cysts were almost completely gone. My doctor explained to me that ultrasounds are getting so much more detailed and they are starting to pick up more of these cysts and they are probably more common than we realize. I also had an earlier anatomy scan done (18w3d) and people who are getting them done later might have had cysts but they were already dissolved by then.

Anyways, my son is a happy, healthy, perfect almost two year old. Keeping you and Oliver in my thoughts!

• Options
    I have no advice, but my T&P go out to you, daddy, and baby Oliver. That is such a great name!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I feel so much better about all of this! I will post my results when I get them back! I'm so blessed to have this site! I just started using it! Thank you mommies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"