January 2015 Moms
Options

The millionth water breaking question

ive searched and can't find anything on this board.

STMs who's water broke...

A few questions for you....
Was it painful?

Any signs or symptoms before it happened?

How long after did you deliver?

Tia!

Re: The millionth water breaking question

• Options
    I haven't heard of water breaking hurting anyone... and it can happen suddenly, or can follow contractions.

Only about 10% of women will have their water break before going into active labor, so it's far more likely that you'll have contractions first as your primary sign that birth is imminent.

And most medical professionals in the US won't let you go much longer than 24 hours or so after your water breaks if there's no good reason (like PPROM) to keep waiting as the risk of infection is much higher after your membranes rupture.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    Follow-up question along this topic- can the baby break your waters by kicking, punching, or whatever else they are doing in there? (Zumba or something?!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My water spontaneously broke before any contractions at 34 weeks with DD. Not painful at all. More like a giant hiccup.....

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My water spontaneously broke, and it did not hurt. I felt a pop, then a gush of warm fluid. No warning, I was laying in bed at 39w1d. Contractions started within half an hour, and DS was born 12 hours later.

@littleprettybride‌
    I'm fairly certain that DS broke my water, but there's no real way of knowing. He had been relatively quiet for a few days, and suddenly started moving around like crazy--way more than he had in a long time. After maybe a minute of him doing that, I felt the pop.
  • Options
    Not painful.

In hindsight, I was having light period-like cramping starting a few hours before it happened. My doctor later told me those were contractions, but it didn't feel bad enough for me to think they were contractions. Those started around 8 or 9pm, but I just went to bed because they weren't bad. Then I got up to pee at 11:30pm, and my water broke. I knew it was that because it wasn't the color of pee and didn't smell like pee, and I couldn't do kegels and stop it like with pee. Then it started getting greenish brownish, and DH recognized that it was meconium, so we called the doctor and headed to the hospital.

The contractions got stronger about 2 hours later, and they got progressively stronger and then DS was born 5:25am the next day, about 6 hours after my water broke.
  • Options
    I started back labor at 11pm, like contractions in lower back that were time-able my water broke at 3 am. It didn't hurt, but, for me, I felt a thunk and then the rush of water and contractions started within minutes. Baby boy was born at 9:04 am.
  • Options
    With DS my water broke when I got up to pee in the middle of the night. It was completely spontaneous - there were no warning signs at all. I didn't experience a big gush like some people do, it was a small trickle. It didn't hurt - I've actually never heard of it being painful for anyone. My son was born 28 hours later.

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    When you say "spontaneous" what do you mean? Like isn't it always spontaneous?

I had a scheduled c -section with my twins so it's like I'm a FTM where labor is concerned.... Haha but maybe it's a dumb question.
  • Options
    Mine leaked, a solid leak for 52 hours before DD was born. She had an infection and had to be in the nicu. It didn't hurt, but the contractions sure did ;)
  • Options
    No warning signs for me with my first. Got up in the night to pee and had huge gush, then another and another... Think I went through three pairs of pants! I thought contractions would come soon after but I didn't feel much. Had to be put on pitocin the next morning to kickstart labor. 17 1/2 hours later my girl was in my arms. She also spent time in special care due to infection since water was broken for so long.
  • Options
    @GirlWithAnchors‌ Spontaneous meaning no warning signs (contractions) however small they may be :)

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @GirlWithAnchors‌ the doctors can strip membranes to try to get bag to break sooner or use a crochet hook thing to pop the bag- I woud think of those situations as not spontaneous... :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mikeANDjen448‌
    @Bigbootykassi‌
    Ahh okay makes sense. I hope we have have spontaneous, none painful, none staining water breaks. Lol thanks ladies :D
  • Options
    My water broke, didn't hurt just thought I was still preeing when I went to the bathroom. Contractions started about an hour later
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!
  • Options
    Didn't hurt at all. I was already in the hospital in labor, so that was the symptom, I guess? I delivered via c-section a couple of hours later.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    Water broke before any BH or contractions started. Didn't hurt at all... Delivered CS 23 hours later (failure to progress with baby's HR going into stress)
    ~Jenn~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cali *our first love* 1/20/12
  • Options
    Dd- water broke, had no timeable contractions that I could tell as a ftm prior. She was born 4.5 hrs later via c/s because she was breech.

Ds- water broke while I was on the toilet! Haha. I'd been having BH and lower cramping for weeks. He was born 7.5 hrs later - vbac.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Mine broke, didn't hurt... I got up after sitting a while and felt wet, I was pretty sure I didn't pee myself lol. But I went to the bathroom and sat down again, got up and felt more. I figured it must be my water. We then headed to the hospital. I had no contractions, was not dilated. Gave birth 381/2 hours later after being induced.. I thought they only gave 24 hours but I was happy I got to push baby out on my own.
  • Options
    I stood up from the couch and my water broke. It wasn't at all painful, just startled me. I didn't have any contractions for probably half hour after that. My water broke around 1:15 pm and I delivered my son at 7:02 pm and that was after laboring down for an hour once I was 10 cm.
    Me: 31 DH:36
    DSS: 15 DS: 7
    DD born 1/3/15

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Was it painful? No, not at all.

Any signs or symptoms before it happened? Nope! I didn't feel a single contraction or anything else before it broke. I got up to pee first thing in the a.m. When I finished peeing and stood up, the water kept on trickling and then a few minutes later, gushing.

How long after did you deliver? 18-20 hours later, but by c-section. I dilated to 10 and pushed for 2 hours, but she was stuck way up high and never dropped.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    I felt contractions around 3 am and since they happened a couple times decided to get water to see if they'd go away. In the hallway my water broke, it just felt like a gush. I labored at home until around 9 am, to avoid rush hour and had my son at 7:43 pm.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"