February 2013 Moms
Options

Dr. Mom Diagnosis?

I think we've had a number of mom's with pink eye recently? Did it ever hurt?

My eye hurt taking out my contact last night, but it went away and didn't hurt this morning. It seemed fine all day until late afternoon, but now it's red-pink and it hurts to blink and move that eye. I really don't think it's ER bad enough, so I'll go into the extended care place in the am (staffed by my drs office, how cool is that!). Just curious about your experiences.
                We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: Dr. Mom Diagnosis?

• Options
    Does it hurt like a bruise when you blink?

If so it could be the beginning of a stye. The best thing to do is warm wet compress as much as you can

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

• Options
    I have never had pink eye that I know, but right before my DH's Halloween party, my eye was itching uncontrollably.  I was like, I cannot go to your party because I might have pink eye.  It itched for hours in preparation, and was killing me, but I went and it just bothered me a bit because of all the distractions.  I went home and it was itchy again, and then mildly bothersome the next day, and then gone.  So perhaps you just need to wait a bit and see what arises.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only way I know that I have pink eye is when I wake up in the morning and I can't open my eye because of all the dried gunk keeping it closed. Hope that makes sense.

Together since July 21 2002

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    The same thing happened to me in the summer - I irritated my eye taking my contact out and the next day it hurt to blink, to move my eye and it was photophobic, tearing up like mad if it was too bright.  Which was awesome because, you know, August is sunny and all...

anyways, I went to my optometrist and she said  I had a scratch on my cornea, probably from taking my contact out.  She gave me some antibiotic drops and it felt better in a few days.

• Options
    I have chronic form of pink eye. It hurts!

If it happened after taking out your contact, I would be concerned about corneal edema.

I also would recommend an opthalmologist.
  • Options
    pinesnow said:

I had pink eye last year. It must have been some kind of mutant strain bc it literally felt like I was punched in the damn face. It was AWFUL.

When mine flairs up, it hurts down half my face.
  • Options
    Hmm. Sounds like I'm waiting to see the wrong kind of Dr. :/ I'm currently waiting to see a medical Dr. But I can run to my eye Dr next if I need too.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"