June 2013 Moms

Clicky Poll - Teacher or Daycare Provider Holiday Gift?

GraceInCAGraceInCA member
edited December 2014 in June 2013 Moms
This isn't per teacher/daycare provider, but total.

Clicky Poll - Teacher or Daycare Provider Holiday Gift? 72 votes

I am my child's daycare provider. I will buy myself something pretty.
16% 12 votes
My child attends daycare/in-home care and I did not give a holiday gift to the caretaker(s).
5% 4 votes
I gave a gift(s) but spent $0 (homemade, re-gift, etc.).
0% 0 votes
Less than $20.
16% 12 votes
$21-$50.
27% 20 votes
$51-$100
15% 11 votes
$100-$200
13% 10 votes
More than $200.
4% 3 votes

Re: Clicky Poll - Teacher or Daycare Provider Holiday Gift?

• With two kids and two teachers each we did $50 per teacher and a pretty scarf. There are a ton of other floating teachers that love them though so I got a Dunkin gift card for $50 and gave it to the director and said next coffee run on us. Last year everyone brought coffee and donuts on the same day so I wanted to space out the treat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ds1 goes to pre k3, 2 days a week for 2.5 hours and I got the teacher and the teacher's aide a $25 gift card to target. I wanted to give $50 a piece but my teacher friends said that it was way too much. Now I feel like it wasn't as some of you gave a lot.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ilovemarfa‌ $50 each was way on the high end for part time care, but we were in a good place this year and wanted to share. I also felt they were super accommodating our wacky schedule when DH's dad was in the hospital and I really appreciated that and wanted to show it. We also live in a HCOL area so that makes a difference too I think.

• A has 3 teachers and one main floater so I bought for them. Cookies, infinity scarf and target cards for each one. There's a few others that pop in and help but can't buy for everyone.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • She's only there one day a week, so cookie tray?
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The parents group arranges a collection, so we give $30 and they then pool it and give an amount to each full time staff member and less for part time member. It is easy. Then I bought a new item for the classrroom

• Our daycare collects money and then gives giftcards to the teachers. 

Our budget is super tight, and so we just bought little $10 gifts for each of the three main teachers, had LO help decorate them, wrote a nice card, and left it at that.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • I plan to buy myself something pretty, since as per this poll, I deserve it ;) Next year I will likely have her in a day home part time, so I'm taking my gift inspiration from you ladies
    div style="text-align: center;">

• I gave my DCP a $50 gift card.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Wow, you ladies are super generous! As our kids grow up, one thing to keep in mind (coming from a teacher) is that some states, like mine, have an ethics law that says we are not allowed to accepts gifts with a value of $50 or higher. The concern being some teachers would play favorites i guess.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We spent kinda a lot on our day care provider- B&N go to an in home and we honestly treat her and her children like family. Though- she treats our kids like family as well and bought them each a gift as well and a rocking horse for both of them and a gift card for H and I to go out to dinner.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Last year he went to an in home daycare full time that had two DCPs, so I spent at least $100 total - maybe a little more.  This year, a friend of mine has been coming over with her son and watching him the 2 days a week that I work, so I gave her a $40 GC and gave her son a toy.

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• 3 gifts at $25 (GC) each.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"