November 2013 Moms

Poll: I'm likely out of my mind for even posting this.

VegasGal1978VegasGal1978 member
edited December 2014 in November 2013 Moms
There is a neighborhood nearby that goes all out with lights synchronized to music played in the car.

Friends of mine have gone through the neighborhood car seat free for there toddlers (who instead sit on the lap of mom or dad in the front seat). Driving is no more than 5 MPH. Traffic is VERY heavy.

B would love this, but she would never see it from her seat. I am not sure I could ever take her out of a car seat in a moving vehicle (let alone in the front seat!!!).

Thought I'd ask my favorite N'13 mommies. What do you think?
Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.

Poll: I'm likely out of my mind for even posting this. 66 votes

No way, no how.
62% 41 votes
Sure, why not.
24% 16 votes
SS/just show me the results.
13% 9 votes

Re: Poll: I'm likely out of my mind for even posting this.

• Loading the player...
  • cagoldicagoldi member
    edited December 2014

cagoldi said:

Illegal and unsafe. No way in hell.

+1

If I were a cop I'd ding people left and right coming out of there.
    Could they refer this to CPS if they wanted?
  • cagoldi said:

Why not just get out and walk? We're taking A to do this tomorrow and he'll have a blast sipping lukewarm hot chocolate while bundled up in his stroller. B is not going to appreciate or recognize the fact that the lights and music are synchronized anyway.

This is what we are planning. I was just curious if I was in the minority thinking sans car seat is a bad bad idea.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • My thought was regarding the air bags. Even a low speed bump can trigger them. It could literally kill me, or worse!
  • I'm taking my 4 yr old who can see in her carseat & leaving the little guy with my mom.
  • Mum2Be28Mum2Be28 member
    edited December 2014
    There's a neighborhood doing this in our city too. It's two houses side by side. We went the other night and we were the only ones there, so we just turned the car off and got out, but had the window rolled down so we could hear the radio.

Edited for spelling.
  • Whatttt? How is this even a question? No offense OP. Stick to your first thought, and stay away from the crazies that think it's ok
  • @Yez9 No worries, I know you're just stating the facts, and not endorsing it.
  • "sure, why not"

Massive reading comprehension fail.  Somehow I read that you were debating them out to sit in the lawn, and were afraid of traffic around the house.

This is why I don't drink and bump....
  • Sometimes I rant. Sometimes way too many words. Could contribute to comprehension issues.
  • Sometimes I rant. Sometimes way too many words. Could contribute to comprehension issues.
    I still have no clue where "lawn" came from. 

L took 3 hours to go down to bed tonight....followed by drinking :-p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"