March 2015 Moms

Dreading the Christmas period!!!!! help please

Is anyone else dreading the Christmas period or is it just me? Not usually a bah humbug but not looking forward to all the parties with drunk people, feeling like an elephant and constantly being exhausted. I don't want to spoil it for my bf who obviously wants to spend it with his family and have a nice time but I am just looking forward to having some peace and quite away from work and trying to get some rest. Any tips on how to get through the festive period are very welcome

Re: Dreading the Christmas period!!!!! help please

• God I'm with you on that one. Getting sloshed is often the easiest way of making it through with mine and partners family. Oh yes please is just love another fresh orange. Hey ho I'm sure there will soon be time to catch up. Only advantage is being pregnant often gives you the perfect excuse for an early escape from gatherings you don't want to be at. Good luck x z x
  • Loading the player...
  • Might be sneaking off ha ha. I don't want to be the boring one who's not joining in anything but, like you, alcohol is usually needed to get through huge parts of it.
  • janda426 said:
    Am I the only one attending zero parties with drunk people? I don't really understand this problem
    Samesies. 

Well, I got my H a present involving alcohol that I hope he shares with my dad/brother who will be visiting, and I hope they enjoy themselves. I don't mind if they get a little tipsy- it'll be fun.
  • It was mainly advice needed I suppose as can't get out of every party over christmas even though I wish I could
  • As a survivor of 4 Christmases with my in-laws, all I can tell you is to take time for yourself, and be selfish about that time. Do something relaxing, and then roll up your shirt sleeves and smile through all the shit you hate.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • At the moment there are 4 but still got invites coming. It's not that the drinking bothers me, maybe should have pointed that out. It's the fact that everything we have coming up involves going somewhere where everyone else will be getting drunk and it's the sort of thing that if you're not the life and soul of the party there is something wrong with you.... I don't have the energy for it. It's mainly all the bfs family and friends and so I obviously want him to go and have fun, but he wants me there at them all and I know I will struggle as just so tired all the time
  • I don't care if people around me are drunk. I can have fun with out drinking. I am not a big drinker. I had no energy so I didn't do everything that I normally do, but I am. Still very excited for Christmas. I love seeing my kids reaction when they realize that Santa has come. My daughter has been asking everyday did Santa come can we open presents. And that makes me more excited.
    I have no suggestions just think about why you like Christmas and do that. Wether it is baking, shopping, playing with the kids, etc
  • My H and I easily solved this problem by planning a trip where we will be gone over Christmas. We figure this is the last real opportunity we have before the baby is born. It's nothing grand but it will be just us two and relaxing. I can't wait.
               for all M15 loss moms

• I don't know... I think it's fun to be the sober one who gets to people watch. It's super amusing. As long as I have food handy, I'm good. Bring on the Xmas and the drunk soon-to-be grandparents!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 28 | SO: 28
    BFP: July 22, 2014 | EDD: March 28, 2015
    For Suzy and all M15 Loss Moms
  • Darbie914 said:

MauiBliss said:

Darbie914 said:

MaxineD said:

It was mainly advice needed I suppose as can't get out of every party over christmas even though I wish I could

How many parties do you have lined up to attend?  I'd probably only attend 1 or 2 and use the pregnancy card to get out of the rest of them.

With that said, I don't mind going to parties where people are drinking and I'm not.  It's just nice to get out of the house and socialize with people that aren't my parents, watching another episode of All in the Family.  For the 4th night in a row.

HGTV marathons, yo!!!!! But yeah, I like going out and being social.

I love HGTV!!  I could plant my butt on the couch and watch that channel all day.

We always watch and guess what the people are going to complain about. And then get mad. But keep going back for more.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just get left at home while SO goes out and drinks and has a blast. Frigging hate being left out but he hasn't wanted me with him sincei told him I'm pregnant. Fml. I'll go out when I'm done breast feeding and leave his ass at home
  • DH is on call Christmas day. We're planning on having him get a "call" if our family stuff gets too tedious. And then we will go to see Into The Woods while everyone else is being forced into stupid hats and made to take too many photos.
  • I am tired all the time too! What I usually do is leave my single cup of caffinated beverage till an hour or two before needing to be at the party. This has helped me attend wedding receptions and Thanksgiving so far. And all the action of the party wears off my caffeine high within a few hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"