August 2015 Moms
Options

Any Curvy Mommas Out There?

Hey All! This is my first pregnancy and I'm thrilled! After a year of trying, surgery, letrozole and 4 IUIs we're finally pregnant! The one thing I'm worried about, and I realize this sounds petty, is taking a long time to show. I'm a size 16 pants XL shirt and I want to look pregnant. I also found threads about "B" belly and am worried about that. Obviously the most important thing is for the baby to be healthy, but I can't help worrying about these things. Any experienced curvy Mommas out there? How long did it take you to show?

Re: Any Curvy Mommas Out There?

• Options
    Curves or no curves everyone is different and the average FTM can start showing anywhere from 16-20 week.  With my first I just looked like i was gaining weight, no real bump until 5.5 mos.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I am very curvy and i started showing probably around 6 months as well. I wouldn't worry too much about not having a bump
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aRBe said:

Curves or no curves everyone is different and the average FTM can start showing anywhere from 16-20 week.  With my first I just looked like i was gaining weight, no real bump until 5.5 mos.

I agree. I was about a size 7-8 when I got pregnant with my son. I didn't "show" until closer to 20ish weeks. I just looked "fluffy" for a long time.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Everyone is different. I am size 12/Large so like you, curvy as well. My guess is the bump will appear sometime btn 16-20 weeks. My best friend is 20 weeks today & she has been showing since November. She is tiny 6/Small so I don't like size before pregnancy matters.
  • Options
    I was your size with DD and started showing around 28 weeks
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm a curvy gal (size 18) and have had people ask me when I'm due recently. Rude. Anyhow, I really started showing past pregnancy at around 4-5 months. I was a size 14 then.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was a little smaller than you when pregnant with my son and have the dreaded B belly. I was noticeably pregnant by 22 weeks. Trust me time will fly and I can relate to wanting to look pregnant instead of just fat - it will happen.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • Options
    I understand your concerns. You do have to just embrace the belly you get. I know that being tall, 6'2", and curvy, sz 16, that my body will probably take a while to really start showing to others. I can't wait, but at the same time I know once I start to show I'll be selfconscience about it. Just love the belly you get and kove your baby even more
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"