Working Moms
Options

bringing a 3 week old to. a first birthday party.

Is this a good idea. Dh was just going to go with dd but they are close friends and I would like to go. I would wear the baby and I doubt anyone would ask to hold him. It's about An hour and a half drive
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bringing a 3 week old to. a first birthday party.

• Options
    I would not do it, especially during flu season.  
    TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes, it that situation, I would go. I had a friend wear a newborn to DS's fifth party. It was fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did it last year when dd was a month. I wouldn't this year bc our town has been laid the eff out by the flu- I'm talking entire schools shut down- so I wouldn't risk it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I did this.  DS was about 2 weeks old, friends kids' b-day party over an hour away.  It was an interesting trip - but we did it.  It was the first chance a lot of our friends had to meet DS.  I let a few people hold him but everyone was good about washing their hands first. 
  • Options
    I would do it.
    If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • Options
    Depends on the flu and cold landscape there....I would generally avoid it this time of year.  When DS was little and the girls came home from school/DC I had them change clothes and bathe before playing with him so know I am on the paranoid side....
  • Options
    I would not do it.  Between Flu, RSV, enterovirus, and whatever the hell that virus was that knocked out my entire department last month, there is no way I'd take a 3 week old out to a party.

But I have to admit I'm coming at this from the perspective of a mom to a kid who's prone to respiratory track infections.  I also can't imagine, at 3 weeks PP, sitting in a car for an hour.  At that point, I could barely walk around the block.
  • Options
    Update.  I did go to the party and take DS.  I'm glad I went.  It was a very small party with mostly their family and the only kids there were the birthday boy, our DD, and the birthday boy's cousin.  I nursed him in my friend's bedroom upstairs and wore him the rest of the time.  No one even asked to hold him.  It was easy peasy.  
    rubberchicken - I understand what you mean about not being able to walk.  My recovery was awful with my DD.  I had trouble walking and was sitting on a donut for a month.  With this baby I recovered so much faster and feel so much better.  Weird since I had very similar birth experiences with both kids.

Anyway, thanks Ladies for your input.  Now I just have to get through my family's christmas eve party.  They are so pushy and I know someone's going to ask to hold him.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"