Pregnant after 35

Well hello there, I made it!!

Hi everyone!

I've been a regular on TTC>35 and TTTC and was just seriously considering IVF, when I got a natural BFP just on Wednesday!

For those of you on mobile, we got married July 2013 and now are 37 (me) & 41 (him) and have been seeing an RE since July.  I found out in July by HCG that my right tube is blocked and the RE was starting to move us towards IVF.  We went to a class just last week but wasn't planning to cycle until my work travel is over in March.  I live in NYC (Brooklyn) and would love an OB recommendation either downtown or in BK.  The RE's office is way up at Columbus Circle and it's too far for me.

This is my first ever BFP and I am determined for this little one to stick!  The timing is perfect as far as my job (I'll get the maximum time off at the end of the year) and now that holiday parties are over (for the most part) I don't have to lie about drinking.  I drank my share last week!

About me: I have struggled with strange health problems in my 20s and about 4 years ago, I found out that I am sensitive to gluten (non-celiac) and that has changed my life.  I now am mostly normal although have to be extremely healthy otherwise I get sick and feel awful.  So it's boded well for getting my fertile -- I have been drinking nourishing infusions of nettles, linden (to help with inflammation), red clover, oat straw... They are high in nutrients and also help tone the uterus & regulate adrenal function.  I am a closet nutritionist I guess, after all the years of researching for myself.  I love Weston A. Price Foundation and find that a traditional diet is best for me - lots of homemade bone broth, grass-fed butter, and liver (also from good sources).  I love crafting - quilting, scrapbook making, playing with my cats, nature, reading real books and the newspaper, listening to the radio (NPR and public jazz/ classical), cooking, making presents for friends and family...

I have a corporate job running conferences, I am a project manager.  It involves some travel - in January I'm going to Munich, London, and in March to Panama. Not much after that except California in June.

My symptoms: I felt back ache on 12DPO and boob soreness.  Currently I am 14 DPO and having little twinge cramps mostly on the left side (where I ovulated from).  I did FRER starting on 12 DPO, 13 and today, with the line getting darker each day. I did ClearBlue digital on 12 DPO nd it was negative.  I went to the RE today and did baseline bloodwork and just got the call that it is official!!  I go for beta on Tuesday the 23rd.  Which bodes well for a happy Christmas (even though I'm mostly Jewish haha, but have a mixed family).

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and seeing my buddies from TTC>35 here feels so nice and familiar.

With love

TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
Seriously considering IVF in March/April
12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 

Re: Well hello there, I made it!!

• Whoo! Hoo! So happy for you! You get to spend some time with me and @BeckyP005‌ ;)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Yes!!!! Congrats, so happy to see you here!!!! :)

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wishing you a H & H 9 months!
    Me: 41, DH 43 TTC #1 since 8/09 CP 10/09.
    3/11 Clomid-Ovidrel-IUI #1-progesterone= BFN.
    5/11 Femara-Bravelle-Ovidrel-IUI#2-progesterone=BFN.
    6/11 Femara-Ovidrel-IUI#3-progesterone=BFP!
    Beta #1 7/1: 39. Beta #2 7/5: 301 U/S 7/19 - saw HB!!
    EDD 3/12/12
    DD born 3/5/12
    Baby #2 Beta #1 12/16: 439.  Beta #2 12/18: 1240
    EDD 8/22/15

• Welcome and congrats!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Awesome news! Welcome welcome welcome! :)
  • danish16 looks like I'm just a few days behind you! Congrats on your beta yesterday!
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Welcome and congrats!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congratulations!
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • JimBobCooter thanks! you have must husband's favorite name/handle, btw, :)
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Hooray! Welcome!!

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yay! Congratulations :) Welcome!
  • Congrats again.  Glad you get to hang with us.  Welcome to the board!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• A big congrats to you!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Congrats!!!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Congrats! Fx for a great beta!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Congratulations and welcome!!!
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks!
    I am kinda gassy and was just googling it. I started eating tons once I was pregnant and over the last week it's been just way too much. I was so naseous yesterday but I think it was just being so full and body was saying NO MORE FOOD than morning sickness. We will see.  Today I hardly ate before dinner and had great energy.  Ate a kinda big dinner tho and now have been burping nonstop.  Turns out it's due to higher levels of progesterone. Guess that is a good sign!

We are going in for our first ultrasound this Friday morning, it will be 6 weeks exactly.  I am feeling good, strong, and very hopeful.  We've told immediate family and some of my TTC friends... finally I am allowing myself to look at baby things after avoiding them since 4 months of TTC got me kinda depressed about the whole thing.  Now I'm all about it!  I just bought 3 books online and they came today: Birthing From Within, Bringing up Bebe, and Nutrition for Babies & Pregnancy by Sally Fallon (not the exact title but good enough).  

Started reading Birthing From Within and got inspired to start a journal.  So I started it and started writing about the infertility part first, which got me thinking about how much the bump and this forum in particular was helpful, so here I am checking in!

I'm so grateful for all of you.  Happy new year!

12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • I'm with you on the gastro issues - they really affected my energy until around 15 weeks; now they're still present, but it's a bit different. I can't recommend Colace enough if you need it; only two pills a week make a huge difference for me.

Congrats on such great numbers! A journal is a great idea.
  • Shit now I'm "spotting" blood I called the dr they said if there is heavy bleeding and painful cramping to go to ER. So far just blood but not heavy. I'm so worried!
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Radiantly said:

Shit now I'm "spotting" blood I called the dr they said if there is heavy bleeding and painful cramping to go to ER. So far just blood but not heavy. I'm so worried!

My thoughts are with you.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• @Radiantly thinking of you. I hope the spotting stopped.
  • Hang in there!  FX it's nothing.
  • Congratulations on your natural pregnancy! My thoughts are with you as you weather the spotting. FX for you!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    My BLOG: www.ivfbabyquest.wordpress.com -Update - old blog.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!
    Me: 42, Hubby: 35, TTC since Jan 2010. Dx: DOR due to advanced maternal age. Also: Hypothyroidism (100mcg Levothyroxin). Positive for MTHFR (hetero-C677T), Factor V Leiden, and Fragile X (on DH side). Taking pre-natal vitamins
    First natural PG 9/27/11; mc: 1/20/12

First RE visit: 8/8/12, Saline Sonogram: 8/28/12, IVF injection class: 10/11/12, add FaBB Tab for FVL, +Vitamin D.
    IVF #1: 10/17/12 Baseline: FSH- 9.4, E2- 24, LH- 3.7, Prog- 0.3 The u/s showed 6 follicles in my right  & 9 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 10/21/12: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning.
    ER 10/28/12: 13 Retreived. 7 Mature. 6 Fertilized. 5 Made it to PGS. ET 11/2/12: CANCELED. All 5 came back from PGS as having "severe abnormalities."
    IVF #2: 1/7/13 Baseline: FSH- 8.8, 4 follicles in my right & 6 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 1/11/13: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning. hCG Trigger 1/16/13

ER 1/18/13: 9 Retrieved. 5 Mature. 5 Fertilized. 2 Made it to PGS. ET 1/23/13: CANCELED. All embryos (he even sent the ones not growing) came back from PGS as having "multiple severe abnormalities."
    IVF #3:
    NEW RE! 3/1/13 Baseline: FSH- 9.6, E2- 61, Prog- 0.94, 3 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle& 150 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/7/13: Add Ganirelix SQ in AM. hCG Trigger 3/9/13 SQ.
    ER 3/11/13: 6R, 2M, 2F. Day 3: one 8 cell, grade 0.  Five day ET 3/16/13: one early blast, grade Fair. 3/24/13 AF came a day before beta. BFN

IVF #4: 
    (Added acupuncture to this cycle.) 3/25/13 WTF & Baseline: FSH-11.8, E2- 56, Prog- 0.84 3/26/13 Start stims. 3/30/13 u/s: 5 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 225 Bravelle& 225 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/31/13 Add Ganirelix SQ in AM.hCG Trigger 4/3/13 SQ.
    ER 4/5/13: 5R, 3M, 3F naturally. Day 3: two 8 cell, grade 0, one 8 cell, grade 2 (Scale 0-best to 3-worst). Five day ET 4/10/13: two blastocysts (the 3rd stopped growing.) Beta 4/18/13: 2.5 BFFN. RE recommends we stop trying and focus on living childless, due to the extremely poor quality of my eggs.
    ***Decided to stop trying and live CFNBC. I couldn't adjust. So, six months later...

IVF #5: Changed RE. Going to one of the big name clinics now. OWDU: 10/29/13. Update: HORRIBLE experience. Disgusted and distraught at their complete unprofessionalism and how much money and precious time they cost us. Sickening. Have now changed RE again. New Patient appt. 1/30/14.
    BFP! Out of nowhere, I got KU the old fashioned way! POAS 1/26/14 - Positive! FDLM 12/30/13. Beta #1 16dpo= 373. Beta #2 18dpo= 801. EDD 10/6/14
    2/4/14 1st U/S revealed a 5wk2day sac but no fetal pole. Started 200mgs of progesterone suppositories daily
    2/11/14 2nd U/S revealed a perfect 6wk1day "diamond ring" embryo with a beating heart! 138bpm! Add 1mg folic acid and 40mg Lovenox
    2/25/14 3rd U/S: perfect 8w1d embryo, 178bpm. 3/6 start spotting. 3/11 10w1d U/S shows no heartbeat. Scheduling D&C. The Stork has forsaken me again.
    IVF #5.2: New in-state RE. Supplement priming for 1.5 cycles prior to start of cycle, including DHEA 50mg (stopped 5/15), CoQ10 200mg 2x/day, L-Arginine- 1000mg 2x/day (stopped 6/5 due to cold sore!), myo-inositol- 2g 2x/day, melatonin- 3mg, and Neevo (prenatal for MTHFR).
    5/16/14 Day 2 bw cycle prior: FSH- 12.22, E2- 38.37, Prog- 1.35, LH- 9.46. 6/2/14 Day 19 bw: Prog- 23
    6/12/14 Baseline: E2- 122.7, Prog- 0.4. 5 follicles in left, 4 follicles in right. Start stims: 375IU Follistim & 150IU Menopur. 6/19 Increase Follistim to 425IU, Menopur still 150IU. 6/18 add Ganirelix. 6/23 Ovidrel trigger SQ. 6/25 ER: 8R, 8M, 5F naturally. Start Medrol & Doxy. 6/26 Start Endometrin. 7/2 Start Lovenox.
    7/8/14 Beta= 137.4 BFP!!! (My first from IVF!) E2- 1109, Prog- >60. Stop CoQ10, myo-inositol, and melatonin. 7/9 2nd Beta= 281.4. TSH- 2.70. Increasing Synthroid to 100mcg daily. 7/24 6w3d u/s measured 6w3d, hb: 121bmp! 8/5 8w1d u/s measured 8w3d, hb: 164bpm! Graduated from RE to OB. Now I just need to find an OB!
    EDD 3/18/15!

• The spotting slowed to a blackness when I wipe so I am pretty sure now that it's just my body shedding something not needed. I had my first US yesterday and we have a sac and a yolk so we look good on target here at 6w. Thanks for keeping this thread alive! :)
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"