September 2013 Moms
Options

Still using infant car seat?

blinnea23blinnea23 member
edited December 2014 in September 2013 Moms
Just wondering who's still using the infant seat. LO is only 18.8 lbs, so I'm hoping to use it as long as possible. We have a convertible in our other vehicle but it never gets used.
Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
Marianne Bryant - Easy A

Still using infant car seat? 79 votes

Still using infant seat
11% 9 votes
Using convertible
79% 63 votes
Using both in different vehicles
6% 5 votes
Idk why here would be SS , but why not
2% 2 votes

Re: Still using infant car seat?

• Options
    She's barely 31 inches. Still within range
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Options
    We switched around 8 months, mostly because she was just getting too heavy to lug around in the infant carrier. Props to you and anyone else still using one, you must have some strong arms!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lilqt3929 said:

We switched around 8 months, mostly because she was just getting too heavy to lug around in the infant carrier. Props to you and anyone else still using one, you must have some strong arms!

My LO is small (17lb 5oz and 28.5" at 15 months) and we still use the infant seat, but we usually don't carry her around in it. We leave it in the car except on work days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My LO just hit 19 lbs so we still use the infant seat in one of our vehicles and just bought a convertible one for the other car. She really hates the convertible one, I think it's because it's more restricting on the sides of her head ( doesn't get the same views out as she does in the convertible one :p )
  • Options
    We switched at a year, and she's been so much happier! She's still small enough for the infant seat, but she screamed every single time we tried to go somewhere. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We switched a little before a year. She is long and hit the max height but had tons of room for weight. I feel like the height for ours was small (28") but we needed it because it was easiest to use without the base and we need to take cabs a lot so that made life easy. I wish we still could use it because now it's a production if we have to get a cab.
  • Options
    We switched in June in my car but DH used it when he needed to take her somewhere until she out grew the height. Ours has a high weight limit on it.
  • Options
    We switched to a convertible sometime in March. Not because she outgrew the seat but for other reasons, but have not regretted the decision, it was a beast to lug around.
  • Options
    VitaLuna said:

lilqt3929 said:

My LO is small (17lb 5oz and 28.5" at 15 months) and we still use the infant seat, but we usually don't carry her around in it. We leave it in the car except on work days.
    Same with my DD. She is 17lbs 14oz and 28" at 15 months. We leave the carrier in the car unless a different person is picking her up from somewhere.
  • Options
    lilqt3929 said:

I don't take it out of the truck lol maybe I should have been, my arms wouldn't need so much work!
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Options
    Still have the infant carrier, LO is just under 20lbs and 30inches
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"