1st Trimester
Options

Got pregnant on the pill?

Hey Ladies,
Did anyone get pregnant on the pill?
Not sure if my antibiotics counteracted with my birth control just wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else.
TIA

TTC since July 09 BFP October 10, 09 baby girl was due June 26 2010... D&C due to Anacephaly Dec 15 2009 TTC since January 2010 BFP July 7 2010 Due March 17 2011 Delivered Healthy Baby Boy via C-Section Feb 25 2011 BFP June 19 2012 Due FEB 25 2013 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Got pregnant on the pill?

• Options
    how did you find out you were pregnant? did you miss your period or you found out prior? I'm not sure if i should continue my pack for the next few days or not.
    TTC since July 09 BFP October 10, 09 baby girl was due June 26 2010... D&C due to Anacephaly Dec 15 2009 TTC since January 2010 BFP July 7 2010 Due March 17 2011 Delivered Healthy Baby Boy via C-Section Feb 25 2011 BFP June 19 2012 Due FEB 25 2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ann612 said:
    how did you find out you were pregnant? did you miss your period or you found out prior? I'm not sure if i should continue my pack for the next few days or not.
    they have these things called pregnancy tests.  check it out

Wow they do?.. i didn't know that thanks Ann612! 

• Options
    I've been on the pill for years, and I take a new pack every 3 weeks, so pretty much I don't have a period (mine are extremely painful, causing me to miss work, vomit constantly, it's not pretty). And the side effects include things like sore breasts, discharge, cramping, blah blah. So I had no idea I was pregnant until I realized my breasts were ten times more sore than normal, I was peeing a lot more, and I was constantly nauseous. So on a hunch I took a test. And apparently I'm already like 9 weeks along. Totally not expected, but excited either way.
    Pregnancy Ticker
     DD #1 born 8/3/2015
  • Options
    I got pregnant on the pill, whilst breastfeeding and without having gotten a period. It's certainly possible.
  • Options
    I got pregnant on the pill which I was taking consistently. I took a test two days before my missed period because my boobs were so sore I thought I might burst and it was positive. Ended up missing my period as well.
  • Options
    Yes-- but my body is not yours. When in doubt, test it out.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    So you don't have a BFP? What makes you think you're pregnant?
  • Options

We flipped a coin. Heads yes. Tails no.
    We also used this method to determine the sex. Heads boy. Tails girl.
  • Options
    I wish she would come back and answer some questions.... I'm super confused with this post... Did she or did she not POAS???
  • Options
    So to answer your questions
    Yes I peed on a stick and it was negative
    It's not like we were ttc I just have a feeling I got pg while I was on antibiotics and on the pill I didn't know the antibiotic can interfere I will try again in a few days it's not that I won't be happy I just wasn't expecting it I have two boys already and would have prob gone for round 3 just maybe not now I think I'm just more scared because I wasn't taking any prenatal vitamins because we weren't trying hence the pill
  • Options
    I got pregnant on the shot
  • Options

It's not like we were ttc I just have a feeling I got pg while I was on antibiotics and on the pill I didn't know the antibiotic can interfere I will try again in a few days it's not that I won't be happy I just wasn't expecting it I have two boys already and would have prob gone for round 3 just maybe not now I think I'm just more scared because I wasn't taking any prenatal vitamins because we weren't trying hence the pill

Lots of people who weren't trying get pregnant so not taking prenatals would be the least of my worries

However, you are not pregnant. If you don't want another baby you should use a backup form of birth control when on antibiotics
  • Options
    I still might be. And I never said I don't want another. I said right now I didn't. If it happened I will be happy as long as the baby is healthy that's all that matters. The point of this was just to find out from others moms and or moms to be had this happen.
  • Options

Thank you for clearing it up. We weren't sure you were even pregnant, and currently your not. Like others have said, they also fell pregnant whist on the pill, I guess it's possible.
  • Options
    OP, is it that you skipped your period the month that you were taking the antibiotics? That's what I assumed when i read the original post. But if you have passed when you should have gotten your period and the tests are negative you are not pregnant at this time. Being on antibiotics can cause you to skip your withdrawal bleed (period) while on the pill. That could be what happened.

It is possible to get pregnant while on the pill obviously...but if the test was negative you were not pregnant when you took it. If it makes you feel better take a test weekly until your next period arrives.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"